A couple concerns this old hunter has about how it's going.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I try to advise any young person to buy themselves ever how much acreage $70,000 will buy them before they go and buy a brand new truck for the same price. I fought the urge all my life and still do sometimes. Even $40,000. I see so many young people driving the super expensive truck, just to pull up to a red-light and try to impress someone beside them that they'll never meet when they could have bought them a small piece of their own heaven.
Good advice.
Though land prices per acre is skyrocketing everywhere. $70000 isnt going to buy alot depending on location.
My 33 acres In Central Alabama I bought last month cost me $96500.
My 10 acres in Taylor county I sold for $47500.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Good advice.
Though land prices per acre is skyrocketing everywhere. $70000 isnt going to buy alot depending on location.
You got a good deal!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Most of the land I have found at a decent price has had neighborhoods surrounding it.Don,t want to share my place with trespassing neighbors because they have always used that .and since they moved in.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Most of the land I have found at a decent price has had neighborhoods surrounding it.Don,t want to share my place with trespassing neighbors because they have always used that .and since they moved in.

I live with trespassers on my place. They all seem to miss the cameras taking pictures of them.

six

I’m glad I bought mine years ago. It was tough pulling the trigger on 184 acres at $325 an acre in the middle of no where. All hardwoods still today. Not bothered by trespassers or anybody else, just deer, turkeys, and now hogs. You have to be lost to find the place.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The 1 neighbor is a 70+ widower. Sweet lady.
Next nearest neighbor is almost a mile down the road

You got yourself a piece of God`s Country, Dutch. Perfect lay of the land too. Proud for you. If I`m ever over that way I`ll swing in and pay my respects. With a bottle of the good stuff and a side of bacon.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
You got yourself a piece of God`s Country, Dutch. Perfect lay of the land too. Proud for you. If I`m ever over that way I`ll swing in and pay my respects. With a bottle of the good stuff and a side of bacon.
You are always welcomed to sit at my fire.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Markets will drive the price of things and as people have more money they will spend it. If nobody could pay the price then deer leases wouldnt be where they are. The only thing that stands in the way of America becoming like Europe, where only the well off are able to hunt, is public land. The public land model is what keeps these wild spaces available to every American, whether it be a 1000 acres of old farmland or 100,000 acre wilderness. Fight for public land.
I`m mighty thankful for public land.
Public land is one of the very few things that our government has done very right over the years. Teddy got castigated for it by the senate, but he stuck to his guns.

BamaGeorgialine

Good advice.
Everything is skyrocketing right now. I've owned other acreage before, but I bought 20 acres in Hancock County last year that I paid $70,000. It is mainly pasture and has a four acre pond that is absolutely loaded with big largemouth. I drive my ancient paid for 2007 Tundra to get me there. In ten years we'll be saying that we should have bought more acreage because of how much it's gone up.

Kev

To much land being or has been converted to pine plantations, unless you have any SMZ's or wetland areas your browse goes to about nothing to sustain a deer.

Would love for the state to have some type of CPR program like in the Midwest but timber companies have no interest in that nor do private landowners who are raising pines.

A healthy hog population will push deer off a property, deer do not like to compete with other species for food sources. Have watched boar coons run deer off from a feeder as well as a flock of turkeys.

Land lease cost will keep rising as property taxes also increase, it will get to a point where even that will reach a tipping point as you have a thousand acres of mostly pines surrounded by ag but as the old farmers die off for the most part the next generation has no urge to continue that so they either sell to somebody who will plant pines or keep the land and do the same. Managing pines after the first planting is a lot cheaper than crop production every year.
There is a CRP program in GA.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I live with trespassers on my place. They all seem to miss the cameras taking pictures of them.
I caught one once.Ask him did he want to leave his weapon for a possible case against him or did he want to stay till the deputy arrived for a ticket. :bounce:

sprewett

I`m mighty thankful for public land.
Yes sir, couldn't agree more. There are some fine deer on public land if your willing to put in the work to get to them. I love hunting public land plus it helps keep me in decent shape wearing the soles of boots getting back in there. I am like you thankful for any and all public land we have.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Things cycle. It will change again. The rich boys just do whatever is popular. Hunting is popular right now. They’ll get tired of it and it will be just the people that grew up with it again.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Got to do a better job with them cameras. I’ve put them in some odd places. Best one was a shot out bow target at the camp. Tucked inside. Had a arrow in the target also. It covered the camp and did a fine job.
All kind of areas with brush. Glued bark on some.