Best snake boot...

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Not saying they are the "best" for everyone, but they will be for me. Fresh out the box fitted for my feet Russell Hart's. No pretense about being waterproof (got that covered with other boots), but they are comfortable. The zipper should stop water as effectively as a screen door on a submarine, but that's okay. At least I haven't been misled regarding them being waterproof as happened with the countless others I've worn. These should be my last pair of snake boots. Gil

Last edited:

transfixer

I bought a pair of LaCross slip ons last year, just didn't like the fit or comfort, bit the bullet and ordered a pair of Danner's, it hurt my wallet, but I have to say they are very comfortable, and fairly lightweight. I guess it backs up the " you get what you pay for " saying.

LifeLongHunter

Got a pair of Danner and a pair of Cabela's. The Danner are easier to wear if walking a lot if not walking so much the Cabela's are good. As previously mentioned all will leak at some time, however, the Danner's have a Goretex Lining, which I know first hand that Goretex will replace the boot if it leaks or at least they would about 2 yeas ago.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
There`s about 35 years difference between these two pairs of Chippewa snake boots. The old pair is on its third set of soles and still wear good. The new pair, like the old ones, have passed the ultimate test.

Attachments

• snake boots.jpg
    snake boots.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 100

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
There`s about 35 years difference between these two pairs of Chippewa snake boots. The old pair is on its third set of soles and still wear good. The new pair, like the old ones, have passed the ultimate test.

What you treat your leather with, Nic?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What you treat your leather with, Nic?

All I use is Red Wing Boot Oil, and Sno Seal.

I don`t use Mink Oil or any boot treatment that contains animal oil of any kind. That promotes leather rot over time.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
All I use is Red Wing Boot Oil, and Sno Seal.

I don`t use Mink Oil or any boot treatment that contains animal oil of any kind. That promotes leather rot over time.

Yeah that's what I always heard about mink oil, even though it's what my cheap rabbit hunting Brahmas got in the 70s.