Best snake boot...

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I like mine, but they quit making the 18" Lacrosse Mudlites. People must have quit growing legs, they all 16" now. Didn't make much sense to shorten a rubber boot for snakes. There's another thread somewhere on it. May have been in the deer forum.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
The best snake boot is the one that you trust enough to put to the ultimate test so you know.

Otherwise it`s just another boot.

Just got some Chippewa waterproof 17"
they retail at $280, but the cheapest place I seen them
was Tyler Brothers for $229 (you can order if no store near you)
I've heard lot of folks say those Danner's are hard to beat as well
they are $229 on Amazon

Squadron77

I have had the Rocky, Lacrosse and Red Head over the last 20 years and they all are ok for what I had paid for them. I wear my boots year round so I put a lot of miles on them. They will all leak after a few years and the Lacrosse held up better than the other two. I bought a pair of Irish Setter this year and have been happy so far. They are lightweight, dry and no problem with breaking them in. I think you will get what you pay for. The Rocky, Lacrosse and Red Head are good boots for the money if you only use them a few time each year. The Irish Setter, Chippewa and Danner are worth the money in the long run if you wear them most of the year. I got the Irish Setter because I had a gift card but all my research shows the Danner to be better.

Robert28

If I ever win the lottery I’m buying a pair of Danner snake boots. My BOGGS are great though.

1982ace

Looking at the Chippewa boots , saw the waterproof ones on sale. Wondering if they are much hotter than the original?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Ive had a pair of rockys for years. Not sure if they even make them any more.
Ive had 4-5 pairs over the years and they all leaked eventually. Now days. I seal the seams with silicone and spray them with outdoor waterproof spray and keep right on wearing them.

jbogg

I have a couple of hundred miles on my Irish Setter Vaprtrek snake boots and they are holding up well. I can't speak to their waterproof abilities as I am usually hunting up high in the mountains. If you are looking for a lightweight boot with virtually zero break in time required these are the ticket.

Esau

I like my Rocky boots. They are very comfortable and I put a lot of miles on them.

DRBugman85

4 years on my Rocky pro hunters,still waterproof and I wear them year round.I did mink oil them when new and every turkey and deer season I reapply mink oil. 2 snake hits and other that the mess in my draws they stop the bite. The chippewas never were waterproof even with mink oil,still have them just dont ware them .

killerv

My rockys wore out within a couple of years.

I really liked my Lacrosse Fangs, and have been struck while wearing them. Got 5 years out of them.

Best I've ever wore were Chippewas. 2nd would be what I wear now, Danner Pronghorns.

Totaloutdoorsman

I got the Irish Setter Vaportreks last year. Super light and comfortable but they are far from waterproof. They started leaking after the second hunt in them. As long as you aren’t walking through creeks they are good boots.

Al White

I have some GA boot Athens snake boots - very comfortable