#2 for my 9 year old girl

J Ferguson

I,m very proud of my baby girl.... We were hunting sat. evening and had several nubbings in the food plot in front of us but she knew she didnt want to shoot them... Then about 10 min before dark a nice buck came out at the end of the food plot about a 100 yd out it was atleast 15" wide with good mass and after her looking at him throught the scoope for a while she said to me dad I caint make the shot...She said she couldnt see him good enough and it was just to far and she was afraid she would make a bad shoot so we let live another day...I told her later that night that I was more proud of her for the descision she had made than if she would have killed the buck....I told her she showed very good self disiplin and sportsmanship....(knowing that 9 yr old any of us boys would have said yea dad I can make the shot let me shot knowing if we did kill it it would be luck)

So on to sun. evening me and her talked before going to the woods and decided she wouldnt shot a doe until just before dark to give the buck a chanse to show back up ....
Know let me back up about a month her and her mom were hunting they seen a 3 legged doe but it hobbled of before she could shot and she has wanted to take her out ever since ....Back to this sun. we had not been ther 20 min and already watching 3 nubbings when low and be hold here comes the tri-pod and there was no more wating on the buck she lowered that tri-pod of a doe right where she was standing and I truly belive she was more proud of herself for taking out the crippled deer than if she would of shot a booner .....Anyway I know I have no spelling or writing skills but I just had to tell yall how much of a Sportsman or woman I have in my little 9 year old girl...

B/T/W I have been skunked this year by my wife and daughter.
wife--3
daughter--2
dad ---0

DSC03362.jpg

Hoss

Well if you got to get skunked, that would be the group to be skunked by. Congrats to your daughter. Thanks for sharing her success with the story and photo.

Hoss

GAbuckhunter88

Absolutely wonderful story. Congrats to your daughter and to you as well.

shakey hunter

You have taught her well. You should be very proud of her and yourself. tell her congrats.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
none of us can write or spell:D

Tell the young lady congrats from all of us on a great season!

gadeerwoman

I'd say you are 5 for the year as you have taught them well. You can be just as proud of theirs as one you would take your own! Congratulations to the entire family...and a big one 'You get em girl' to your daughter!!

J Ferguson

Thanks to all And gadeerwoman your right I am more proud than If I would have kiled them myself I love beeing the guide of 2 beautiful women!!!!!!!!!!!!!Even thought the wife dont use my guide service any more I think she's pretty much got it figured out on her own know<<<<<<<<<<

mockingbird

Congrats to the young sportswoman! Sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulders! By the way, Redneck12, you're a pretty darn good writer! I believe I'd enjoy reading a story you wrote...