Mystery Solved

HermanMerman

I always wondered how it was possible to miss a turkey..... Well, I finally solved that mystery opening morning at 7:40. Turns out it isnt so hard. All I can do is laugh, hope everyone has the luck I had. Right up until pulling the trigger, that is.

Jeff Raines

I've missed several,get to excited looking at that blue and red head and forget to put my head down.A scope solved that.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
shew.......glad I dont have to hide that anymore. Missed my first bird and it was a BIG PLB! Even worst is as I play it back, I could have probably watched him for a while, but I panicked.......man was it a BIG Public Land Bird!:yawn:

six

I always wondered the same thing. Then I wondered how anybody ever misses two turkeys. Now I'm wondering how anyone could ever miss about 20 turkeys.

jlt4800

I've been humbled a few times or more....this year I'm using a Burris ff3. And so far I'm one for one!

T-N-T

I missed one at 10 yards. Then​ a week later mist one at less than 20.

Started to question how tight did I "need" my pattern to be....

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
A few years ago, I had two turkey hunters look at me like I had three eyes when I told them I missed a turkey and it wasn't the first time. "How do you MISS a turkey? With a shotgun??" It took about two weeks each for them to learn how it was possible. I hope I have a few misses left because that means I am still hitting the spring woods. Gil

turkeykirk

I always wondered the same thing. Then I wondered how anybody ever misses two turkeys. Now I'm wondering how anyone could ever miss about 20 turkeys.

And I thought I was the only that had done that!:rofl:

Killdee

I'm also a member of this sorry club. Use a FF now so getting the head down is out, I also cluck or putt to make em stretch that neck. I missed one on the Piedmont 20 years ago I believe pulled into a strut when I shot.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

This sounds about rt , I put a scope on my turkey gun 4 seasons ago and have only missed 1 since , but I may miss the next 1 I shoot at , it happens !