Buying brass...where to buy

Fork Horn

Where do you recommend buying brass for reloading? I've been buying from Midway but figure there might be better options. Any thoughts on purchasing once fired brass? Seems I can get it much cheaper. Looking at loading a bunch a .223 and need to purchase more brass.

Last edited:

transfixer

If you're on Facebook there are pages there that are dedicated to reloading, and processed brass. I have also bought brass from a couple people that advertise fully processed brass on Etsy, which I thought was an arts and crafts thing, turns out its not, everything from brass to holsters can be found there.

Big7

The Oracle
Try The Trading Place in Monroe.
They might sell you some or you can just pick
through it. Shot down there a bunch. Lot of brass laying
around. I pick mine up so I don't know if they sell it or not.

Bullseye in Lawrenceville has it.
I have bought there before. Been a while but
Seems I recall it being pretty cheap.
Sorted in plastic tubs by caliber.

JeffinPTC

I started with range brass, but now I prefer
www.StarlineBrass.com
rumors are they actually make other company's brass also.

Lots of sites sell once fired brass(OFB)
Of course, you never really know how many times it had been fired when it last hit the ground.

www.evergladesammo.com
has good prices on hi quality bullets and OFB
5% discount till midnight 11/12 with
EGAVETS17

Nosler brass and bullets official outlet
www.shootersproshop.com
10% for vets (15%) today.

Jester896

Senior Clown
be carful with some of that processed stuff. A buddy of mine just got to the bottom of a barrel and none of the brass had been cleaned...still had lube on them and they were primed. Several other times he has received some that weren't sized properly.

if you get it from someone who buys military scrap in those big bins it is most likely once fired.

brass from individuals is where I have been burned the most.

I have never been disappointed in what I have purchased from Wideners or Everglades. Keep in mind that military brass has crimped primer pockets. Not sure how much you want to reload but hand cutting primer crimps is a chore.

Permitchaser

I just bought some new brass cause I wore out the brass I had from over shooting and loading. I'll check where I got it and post it