Lew's Reel

MariettaNole

Can anyone recommend a shop that can repair a Lew's reel after its owner got too cute trying to clean it and ended up with "extra" parts? Does the Duggout repair reels?

txc35

Reel repair

Check out Paul's Reel Service. He completely reworked my Syymmetre and only charged me $15. Great work. Near Lake Lanier I believe.

+1 770-883-9823 • Mobile

Darkhorse

Have you studied the schematics of that Lew's reel? Using the exploded diagram you should be able to get it back together with no parts left over.

Darkhorse

I repair fishing reels in Covington. Makin It Reel 404-392-1350

I usually repair my own just repaired my Revo Gen. 3 SX, but I don't have any luck with the old diawa sealines. I started working on one of my old ones and just had to quit.

That photo shows why most don't want to tackle reel repair and good reason. Take it to the pro, it will be better for the nerves and will work when you get it back.

Eugene Stinson

I am a machinist by trade and make everything manually from engineering drawings. I have found on several occasions more parts in a reel than the schematic shows. Usually washers/shims to get everything lined up and spaced just right.
I love to take all my reels apart and clean them myself. It keeps you thinking fishing when it get super cold and windy in the winter time.