LED light bar

firebreather

Amazon 24" 49.00 , love it on my truck , got 2 small pods on my bass boat all I need

jeremyledford

I run a black oak on my bay and on my duck Boat. Did a lot of research beforehand. They make an outstanding product.

JackSprat

Could someone recommend a Quality light
bar for the front of my boat ?? Also any particular
laws regarding them ? Thanks

If they obscure or make your red and green navigation lights difficult to see, it is a violation. That includes head on and approaching from the side.

Even applies to a handheld.

Don't know about other lakes, but they will write you up for it on Lake Oconee. They tag some duck hunters every year, especially since LEDs got so popular.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Any on the ones on Amazon work fine. Just choose depending on what length you need. I've been running one of the cheap no names for 4-5 years and it still works perfect today.

j_seph

I have a 30" on my T-Top, gonna have to put a shield or re-adjust it cause right now it will blind ya reflecting off the deck. Sure makes life easier in the rivers or chasing jugs with the kids.

KKrueger

They make it very difficult for other boaters to see where you are going. I think the only time they should be used is on private water, docking, loading on the trailer or for duck hunters in timber.

I see more and more of them and have been in a very dissorienting situation where an oncoming boat was blinding me and I really could not totally tell their direction of travel.

The red and green lights make it very easy to tell which way another boat is travling or if it changes angles.

I keep a handheld spotlight at the ready to quickly look at things and power it off again.

I bet they are really nice if you are the only boat on the water.

Reactions: ggg

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Get the best deal you can find on ebay. If you dont....you'll likely be buying the same light but for a not great deal. Those leds are not expensive, retailers mark them way up, often the same factory in china

GaMudd

While underway it is illegal to run any lights other than red / green bow light and white stern light.

This makes me laugh. I live in a cove that get pounded by these boats lit up like Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I'm sure they are after gar or carp. Sometimes I question why they feel that light needs to be aimed the roof line of my house to be effective. They usually stop after the spawn.

j_seph

This makes me laugh. I live in a cove that get pounded by these boats lit up like Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I'm sure they are after gar or carp. Sometimes I question why they feel that light needs to be aimed the roof line of my house to be effective. They usually stop after the spawn.
This is why I stopped bowfishing! Too many bad apple ruin it and make the good apples look bad.

j_seph

They make it very difficult for other boaters to see where you are going. I think the only time they should be used is on private water, docking, loading on the trailer or for duck hunters in timber.

I see more and more of them and have been in a very dissorienting situation where an oncoming boat was blinding me and I really could not totally tell their direction of travel.

The red and green lights make it very easy to tell which way another boat is travling or if it changes angles.

I keep a handheld spotlight at the ready to quickly look at things and power it off again.

I bet they are really nice if you are the only boat on the water.
Mine gets turned off when a boat is coming or anytime I am facing shore where houses are.

Earsom

Be wise and buy a marine LED light bar from reputable deals to ensure that you can get replacements, returns, and refunds. You may look for it in the local stores but searching the web for better options and more deals should be considered. But make sure you get into trusted websites.

LTZ25

I have a 20 inch Rigid/dual in the grill of my f250 , it will light the road for about a 1/2 mile ahead , should be great on a boat .

Liquid nails

Here is the reason I run a bar.

I run a lot at night. Love to fish after the sun goes down. Less people on the water. Let’s go back 3 years. Fished a Saturday evening. Called it at 2am early Sunday morning. Going back down the lake this lake in particular has a “S” turn and the channel narrows. I’m not hammer down but running about 40 with the light bar on. I come around the first turn and there is a jon boat with 2 guys on it in the middle of the channel with lights out. If I didn’t have a big light on and just running nav lights and looking at my gps there is no doubt I would have hit them. Scares me to think about it. I immediately slowed down and asked if everything was ok and they said yes. I asked if they had a light and they said yes but they couldn’t get it to work. Normally no one on the lake at that time. I know that lake I’m referring to by heart and could easily run it at night with no light and a new moon.

Some folks get bent out of shape about light bars. If someone is approaching me I flip it off. If I’m anchored up somewhere and someone is running a big light coming my way then I don’t have to look into it. Best $50 I’ve ever spent. Saved 2 gentleman’s lives that night.

ggg

I have a 30" on my T-Top, gonna have to put a shield or re-adjust it cause right now it will blind ya reflecting off the deck. Sure makes life easier in the rivers or chasing jugs with the kids.
Leave the light alone and paint the reflective surfaces flat black. You'll be glad you did.

Jdmb123

I frequent some areas that all boats have light bars. you’d be dead without one here. turning them off makes it more dangerous so ya just don’t look right at it and in three seconds the guy passes and all is well.

kevbo3333

Amazon light bars work fine. No need to spend 8 time the amount on a southern lite or rigid brand light bar. I run 18” Amazon LED light bar on my duck boat, it’s going on 6 years.