Who shoots a Bear bow?

Pilgrim

I've been shooting my 2007/8 Bowtech Allegiance for a long time. Thinking about trying out a Bear product. Do any of you recommend a particular bow (or not) from Bear? Thanks!

catchdogs

Last bear I had was a bear crux think 2015 . Killed several deer and 2 hogs with it. Pretty nice bow . Have not shot any bear bows in the last few years. I sold the bear and had a Mathews z3 just recently upgraded it to the elite envision . I don’t think you can go wrong with any bow these days with technology available . If you are just set on bear then I’d look at the bear adapt . The hunting public also did a review on bear bows on YouTube also .

I haven’t shot a bear in probably 25 years. My opinion is there are a lot better bows and they don’t get much traction.

earlthegoat2

I have and shoot a Bear Kodiak and a Montana longbow.

But I can tell you are wondering more about wheelies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have and shoot a Bear Kodiak and a Montana longbow.

But I can tell you are wondering more about wheelies.
I have an old Black Bear compound from the late 80s/early 90s that has two little round pullies. :bounce: Only compound bow I've ever owned. It killed deer dead back then, and I'm sure it still would. :)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My friend shoots a bear and mine is a blackout, also made by bear. Certainly better quality choices out there, but I also think their line of bows really changes from top to bottom end. I LOVE my bow, but after having top-of-the-line ABB strings installed, I almost immediately got a wear mark on the serving where it goes into the cam when drawing. Kinda pees me off and makes me think the quality isn’t the best…..but it’s a $600 bow so I knew that. I still love it and it’s dead on! Mine adjusts letoff from 70-90% and I have it on 85…….I feel like I can hold it back forever with little effort. I have the 45-60# model maxxed out.

James12

I have an old Black Bear compound from the late 80s/early 90s that has two little round pullies. :bounce: Only compound bow I've ever owned. It killed deer dead back then, and I'm sure it still would. :)

Eh… The deer are built a little different now, and they hear better too. They’d jump that string and the broadhead would not do its job.

Josh B

I've always shot Bear bows. Killed a bunch of deer and pigs. I think they are all good just people have their preferences. Like I have always driven Chevy others swear by Ford. Ford sucks! Lol

catch22

as someone said above.......google the hunting public. they have alot of reviews on bear bows and I think they have a promo code if you decide to buy

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
When an arrow goes through a deer's chest, I don't think it cares what's written on the bows limbs.
Shoot what you want and learn to shoot it well.

Priceroad

Well I think that they are going to work great. I ordered two bows this week, an Alaskan XT and a whitetail max. Alaskan XT for 3D and Max to hunt with. Will be shooting both of them on 50 lbs.

Latest posts