Anyone have a report for Lake Blackshear?

Bust-A-Hawg

Anyone been to Blackshear this week? What's the water temp? How are the crappie/bass?

applejuice

bump

Bust-A-Hawg

With little to no response to my query I figure one of a couple of things are the case:

1. Blackshear has dried up,
2. The fishing is so bad it's painful to talk about, or
3. The fishing is so good the good ol Cordele boys want to keep it secret.

Take your pick.

emcRick

Its not dried up, I have not had a chance to go try it out myself yet this year but I've some good things on crappie and bass picking up

-Joe-

With little to no response to my query I figure one of a couple of things are the case:

1. Blackshear has dried up,
2. The fishing is so bad it's painful to talk about, or
3. The fishing is so good the good ol Cordele boys want to keep it secret.

Take your pick.

#2 :fine:

Bust-A-Hawg

I enjoyed fishing Blackshear with a buddy who had a boat the two times I fished it while living in Perry but it has been years since I was down that way. I have my own boat now and still dream about the 9+ lber that broke me off there. I have wanted to go back and fish Blackshear but I live even further away in Forsyth so I would kinda like to know the bite (bass and crappie) are on before I drive all the way down to Cordele.

bobcat

Its probably a sad thing to say considering me and my fishing buddy have won several pot tournaments and placed in the top 5 and also won some of the bigger tournaments on the lake .But that being said it wouldnt hurt my feelings if that finicky wish washy lake dried up !!!! You can go catch 18lbs 3 days in a row and then go fish for a week and catch one fish under sized !! Its the weirdest lake i have ever fished !! I have caught a 7 -12 and 3 or 4 6 to 7 lb fish there but its a very sensitive lake !!

kjw2c6

Fished Blackshear this weekend all day and caught 9 keepers, water is still stained the fish are there but will not bite. We watched probably 30 boats come and go and none of them caught more than one or two fish. Water temp is 60 can't figure it out, they are still in the channel and haven't moved up into the creeks and just aren't biting.

Hut2

Fished Blackshear this weekend all day and caught 9 keepers, water is still stained the fish are there but will not bite. We watched probably 30 boats come and go and none of them caught more than one or two fish. Water temp is 60 can't figure it out, they are still in the channel and haven't moved up into the creeks and just aren't biting.

Crappie? Us country folk called them simply "perch" When I lived there.

emcRick

Fished daylight to 1pm saturday and caught 3 barely keepers and absolutely nothing sunday