Help picking out a CB Radio

CamoCop

Connex are great radio's indeed. if you ran a steel whip you would get an even better signal/transmit. besides running multiple grounds, also run heavier gauge wire and run your positive straight the the battery as EAGLE mentioned. at one time i had a 1,000 watt linear that would make the last 2 foot of a steel whip glow orange. it was an over kill though. hey EAGLE, if you ever wanna get rid of that spare Connex, shoot me a pm

Noodle

Anyone got a good radio guy in the area? I used to let James from Gainesville do all my work. Great guy and quick on repairs. I used a guy out in Snellville once, not sure if he is still there. Sure would like to get the equipment going again.

bml

Not sure if he is still there, but Wolfman at exit 164 on I-85 did a heck of a good job on all my radios.

BlackKnight755

Whips have high SWR's...

I disagree. A steel whip has one of the lowest SWR's out there. You will be able to receive alot better and you can transmit better also with a steel whip.

Cool Hand Luke

Noodle, if you have James from Gainesville's info, would you pm it to me please? I'm installing a cb in my truck and will need help tuning. Thanks