Smoke

HuntingFool

Smoked my clothes and gear this morning. Had a doe walk in downwind. Came right under me. Circled my stand at 10 yds and never smelled me.

Attachments

• IMG_1579.jpg
    IMG_1579.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 587

Buck Dropper

Man, I don't know if I want to have to take a shower after every time I hunt or not.

southerndraw

I definitely believe the smoke works, I would always stoke the fire in the mornings from the previous night and would have really good luck. I'm wondering if used with an ozonics system, would just drag down the human scent or whatever smells came in contact with the ozone, smoke included?

uturn

I pull the stuff that I will be wearing for that particular hunt out of a scent crusher bag after my shower, suit up then smoke n hit the woods...sounds crazy I know.

2bbshot

I definitely believe the smoke works, I would always stoke the fire in the mornings from the previous night and would have really good luck. I'm wondering if used with an ozonics system, would just drag down the human scent or whatever smells came in contact with the ozone, smoke included?

Same here I use an ozonics and swear by it. I still hunt the wind but I don't think a deer has smelled me since I used Ozonics. Thats said if smoke+ozonics is better I'm in lol. Maybe the smoke would help going in and setting up until the ozonics is running.

glynr329

I got my bee smoker yesterday and ready to try it. I try to increase my odds anyway possible. I know hunting the wind is the best thing but the way the wind blows where I hunt. I will have to climb down every 30 min and move my stand. So take advantage of everything and hunt high. Besides 2 of the guys on this post said they used smoke are pretty good hunters and kill good bucks often. That is good enough for me.

Wjackson11x

It may just be coincidence, but I started smoking my clothes this year with a bee smoker or firepit and haven't been winded yet! Who knows, but I'm a believer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I dont always do it, but I always like it better when I do:bounce:

I plan on taking my climber in the woods this year(First time ever).......thought I'd go ahead and get some smoke on it:banana:

So, YES, Definitely!

I take a ball of pinestraw with me every hunt and burn it before I go to the stand. Easiest to start and puts out plenty of smoke. Oh and it's free.

Otisman

Started smoking my clothes this season. 100% works. When deer get downwind they sometimes become somewhat alarmed. Head up licking nose trying to figure it out, then seem to calm down. Group of 8 does didn’t react at all last week. Just now had a doe downwind. She knew something wasn’t right but didn’t blow or run. Calmed down and hung around for 15 minutes. Was very sceptical at first but now convinced.

Buckfever

I've been smoking up every time I walk in to my stand this year, and have had good results. I had 1 buck with a negative reaction, he still never blew just stomped his feet turned around and left, but the doe's he was following never left. I bought a bee smoker to try, but have yet to use it. I just make a small fire with pine needles in the firebreak and smoke up, and to me it works good enough I'll continue to do it every time. I will say that you should still try to use the wind to your favor, but you can't always predict where a deer will come from.

Permitchaser

I have a brick fire pit in my backyard. I smoked my camo weeks ago and put them in a plastic bag. I did not have any pine sprigs to use because the pines on my 3 acres are too high. The squriels helped by cutting green sprigs while harvesting cones
So I used the green pine sprigs today when I smoked my camo. I also took those half burn sprigs and put them with my camo in a plastic bag. All free