Cobb Co Bow Hunting

fasn8nmom

Well, it seems that the Cobb Co Parks and Rec has aquired some of the Army Corp land.
Went to the meeting this evening about hunting it, picked up my permit, etc.
Anyone else go?

hunter rich

I would like to know who to get in contact with about this...?? I need to find as many places to hunt as I can seeing how I wont be able to afford getting in a club or lease this year.

fredw

Retired Moderator
fasn8mom, I'll be attending the next meeting.

Hunter Rich, you might be too late for this year. Cobb Cty issues permits through a lottery to hunt the Corp land managed by Cobb Cty. They had the drawing, didn't have enough applicants, and had a second drawing.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
I missed the first drawing but called them and they sent me a permit. Rusty Simpson @ Cobb parks and cultural affairs is the head guy but someone named John is in control of the permits. Try calling them.

hunter rich

:cry:

I called and after being transfered to 1.7 million different people :banginghe :banginghe got to John Percell. He wasn't in but they took my name and # said he would call me back. don't think they have any left.

Meriwether Mike

I will be at the Aug. 23 meeting as well. Maybe we can meet before the meeting Fredw. If any others from Wooodys are attending let us know.

8ball

I Would Like To No Who I Need To Talkj To About Hunting In Cobb. This Would Be Great. 8ball

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
hunter rich said:
:cry:

I called and after being transfered to 1.7 million different people :banginghe :banginghe got to John Percell. He wasn't in but they took my name and # said he would call me back. don't think they have any left.
Thats the guy! It took a couple days but he called me back - keep trying. :clap:

GIGLM9

I went to the meeting Tuesday. They extended the hunting times in November and December to all day. Wish they would have done the same for January. No one will be in the park at that time of the year other than the hunters.

CharlesH

I'll be there for the meeting on the 23rd. Where exactly is the land going to be that we can hunt?? I can't seem to picture it in my head.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Charles, the land is owned by the Army Corp of Engineers around the southern end of the lake. The land roughly goes from west of Mars Hill Rd along Allatoona Creek over toward Cheatham Rd. and down to Pitner Rd. Old Stilesboro off of County Line is where the check station is. I think they said about 1,400 acres total.

The hours in Sept, Oct, and Jan are from daylight until 10am.

Hunted this property last year and saw some good deer and also saw my arrow soar over the back of a smart old buck.
I was out scouting again two weekends ago and saw several fawns and very healthy does but no bucks so far.
If you have never hunted there I would have one key warning....MOSQUITOES !!!
I grew up in Florida and didn't have a problem like I do at this Cobb property. There is also no field dressing allowed on premises.
Will be at the meeting on the 23rd.

hunter rich

Hooray!!

:clap: :banana: I recieved my notice today, I have been selected and just have to show up at the meeting on Sept. 7!! I am so glad, as I stated in my earlier post on this thread, I didn't think they had any left. Did any one else get a response? I also am hoping for a positive response to my Red Top Mnt. Qouta hunt. ::;

Swab

I did too....

I emailed John and he said there were no more permits so I replied to him and kindly asked to be placed on a waiting list in case someone didn't show up to one of the meetings and let him know I appreciated his response and I just pulled my letter from the mailbox on Saturday.