Best cell phone deal EVER!!

Dixie Dawg

Ok, so I just got a new cell phone this week and I am STOKED!!! :banana: I figured maybe some of y'all would like to check it out too, especially if you have kids like mine who are on the cell phone ALL the time :banginghe

The new phone I got has:

NO contract (pay as you go... once per month)
Unlimited text to ANY network
Unlimited calls to ANY network
Mobile web, etc.

Basically it's like Metro PCS... Except.....

IT'S ON THE VERIZON NETWORK!!! :banana: :banana:
I talk to my daughter on her Verizon phone and it is free for her, just like it was Verizon to Verizon.

I have been really wanting Metro PCS but never got it because their coverage SUCKS. But this one is on Verizon, so I get coverage EVERYWHERE.

So what does this cost?

$45 per month!! No contract... you can either buy a refill card or have it set up as an auto debit monthly.

The only drawback (that I can see so far) is that you can only use the phones from them, and they only have 3 types of phones available right now. I got the Motorola Razr.

The company is actually through TracPhone, but somehow they have joined with Verizon for the network. I talked to customer service twice when I set up the phone and had my number ported over... once was Verizon customer service the other time was TracPhone. No problems at all! Only took 24 hours to get my number ported.

It is NOT a Verizon plan, so if you go to Verizon they won't have it. It's called StraightTalk and you can only get them at Walmart or online at www.StraightTalk.com

I've been using my phone all week, and have friends who have had it for over a month, no problems whatsoever!

Hope this helps someone else out too! :banana:

Lightninrod

Neat!

nhancedsvt

Banned
My dad did this same thing because me and my brother have verizon

Sounds good DD, you GO girl
cheerleader3.gif

Dixie Dawg

I had someone ask me in a PM today how I liked it so far so I thought I would post an update... just did my first refill for the service, and I LOVE it. Wouldn't change plans for nothin'.... just hoping they come out with some other phones soon, but even at that I really can't complain! Love the unlimited everything... I use it for anything and everything and never think twice about how many minutes I'm using! :cool: Got my daughter hers last week and she loves it too. Great deal!

SarahFair

Well with metro the plans are cheap so they get you in phone prices. Little cheap flip phone $150
How much are the phones for this plan?

243Savage

I'm trying to figure out how this would be cheaper than having the kids phone on your family plan. For some it may be the way to go.

Mine is trying to talk me into the buy one blackberry get one free promo that verizon is running right now. :yawn:

Dixie Dawg

Well with metro the plans are cheap so they get you in phone prices. Little cheap flip phone $150
How much are the phones for this plan?

They have a little cheap flip phone with no bells and whistles for $29.99, then a mid-grade Motorola W385 for $79.99, that's the one my kid has and it's pretty nice, has camera phone and all... and then the Razr is $99, that's what I have... does camera phone and video, etc.

I'm trying to figure out how this would be cheaper than having the kids phone on your family plan. For some it may be the way to go.

Mine is trying to talk me into the buy one blackberry get one free promo that verizon is running right now. :yawn:

For some it may not be better... I just know that for me and my kid it's $45 per month each ($90 combined) for unlimited texting, calls, etc. on any network... that's much better than sharing minutes and then paying $.10 per minute for whatever you go over or have out of network... so I guess if you have 5 people in your family and you don't all use the phone a lot, maybe it wouldn't be a better deal. It sure was for me... and no contract... I like that... don't do well with commitment.... :rofl: :rofl:

Dixie Dawg

also they may not have it up there in the super caldera where you are.... :huh:

243Savage

also they may not have it up there in the super caldera where you are.... :huh:

It would probably work, Verizon is the only service that does here.

They have cell towers disguised as gigantic lodge pole pines. :D

Dixie Dawg

It would probably work, Verizon is the only service that does here.

They have cell towers disguised as gigantic lodge pole pines. :D

That's cool!!!
I just looked it up on the StraightTalk website... it does show a couple of Walmarts in Wyoming that carry it (you can only buy them at Walmart or online)... so you might be in luck if you decided to try it. However if you already have a Verizon plan, it may not be cheaper for you to add this one on... you'll have to do that math yourself. Hope this helps some!

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for the good info & for bringing it to our attention.

Artmom

Hey Dixie! I just got one, too...and the service is great. Very clear reception too. Another teacher had recommended it to me when I was asking her questions about Verizon.

One thing to note: I had read up on it beforehand and some say that when a problem arises, everything is handled from a call center in India. Some felt that they didn't get satisfactory result w/ conflict resolution issues and that it was very difficult to deal w/ the reps in the evenings because of time zone issues.

Well, my battery (included in the new pkg.) WON'T charge at all (didn't even the 1st day). I called and had no problem dealing w/ the rep - and yes, she did seem to be from India or of Indian descent, based on her accent and speaking pattern; they are sending a new battery (no charge, of course).

I'll send an update just so ya'll know for sure that I RECEIVED the battery and if that was TRULY the only issue w/ the phone. As long as it has been using power from my home outlet - it has been great.

3ringer

Thanks DD, I am looking to fire Verizon too. I hate all the extra little charges that they tack on. I will look into it. Is it possible to use the phone that I already have on their system or do you have to buy one from them ? Thanks for the info.

Latest posts