12/4/2017 Lanier

Kestas69

Didn’t find big schools of fish today, but managed to catch a few. Bait was very deep. Productive depth was 40-55’.

Attachments

• 64C19311-2899-4C11-A97B-9D188FBD52DC.jpeg
    64C19311-2899-4C11-A97B-9D188FBD52DC.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

95g atl

Nice fish.
I still haven't figured out how to fish lanier.

BTW, may want to change your date on the subject to DECEMBER (12-4) VS (11-4)

Coenen

Nice fish.
I still haven't figured out how to fish lanier.
Lanier can be a tough nut to crack, but there are a few things you can do to make it easier. You've probably noticed that there are a couple key techniques that you need to add to your repertoire. Also, you've got to understand, and trust, your electronics. After that it's pretty much down to finding them. Don't try to take the lake on as a whole, either. Focus on one or two major creeks and break them down.

Then again, you could also take my approach; put out a big spread of live bait, and haul water until you bonk a couple in the head. :banana: That seems to work fairly all right.

Experimental card for Lowrance units.
Red-clay banks, and everything! :biggrin2: Looks nice!

95g atl

i mean we can catch 20+ bream fish in an hour in the summer. They are fun for my 7 year old, but they don't compare to a few lb bass.

Have a $1000+ fish finder/gps, guess i don't know how to use it. :(

Coenen

i mean we can catch 20+ bream fish in an hour in the summer. They are fun for my 7 year old, but they don't compare to a few lb bass.

Have a $1000+ fish finder/gps, guess i don't know how to use it. :(
What brand? I'm sure any number of guys that frequent here, or another board could help you get on track with your electronics.

I've said several times here, and elsewhere, sonar isn't a magic bullet, but it is a powerful tool to help you have more success on the water.

Latest posts