“We Are Nearly All Baptists Now …”

brutally honest

“ … the Baptists and the non-denominationals who are mostly Baptist in all but name have indeed conquered. Nearly every other branch of U.S. Christianity is shrinking. The Baptist ethos is prevailing.”

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

buckpasser

Pentacostals haven’t become more liberal, but it does seem that the “baptist” worship style has become contemporary enough to suit the former charismatics, that they are happy to move to baptist churches as they are still more Bible based than almost all other options. There should be only one “denomination” in a perfect world anyway.

Madman

Pentacostals haven’t become more liberal, but it does seem that the “baptist” worship style has become contemporary enough to suit the former charismatics, that they are happy to move to baptist churches as they are still more Bible based than almost all other options. There should be only one “denomination” in a perfect world anyway.
Christ prayed for us all to be of one mind.

Madman

“ … the Baptists and the non-denominationals who are mostly Baptist in all but name have indeed conquered. Nearly every other branch of U.S. Christianity is shrinking. The Baptist ethos is prevailing.”

It appears to be dominating, however, the individual church seems to wax and wane with the pastor, yet the little Anglican Church plugs along with about 50 families. It never follows the pastor only the message, (We preach Christ and him crucified… 1 Corinthians 1:23 ) every Sunday feasting on the Mass.

“55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.”
John 6

Last edited:

Madman

“On this I will build my church”. I love the Church, she teaches me, she edifies me, she feeds me. Thank you Jesus for your Church.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m first and foremost a Christian but raised in a Baptist church where I learned to love my brothers and sisters that love the Lord and to also love and pray for those who hasn’t accepted the salvation of the Lord.
I haven’t looked into the doctrine of other denominations or religions. I have not had any need to.

buckpasser

I’m first and foremost a Christian but raised in a Baptist church where I learned to love my brothers and sisters that love the Lord and to also love and pray for those who hasn’t accepted the salvation of the Lord.
I haven’t looked into the doctrine of other denominations or religions. I have not had any need to.

I was raised independent baptist. My wife AG. It has opened my eyes to the differences in worship styles among believers. They almost all make good points with their “stands” for or against this and that, but in a perfect church we could survive and tolerate the presence of all brothers and sisters in Christ within a single “church” without feeling the need to segregate.