1/1/24

campboy

Glad it worked out, and a great teaching moment for the youngin.

Me I would have just tagged it as a doe and went about my business. Too many deer in Ga get hit and poached and thank the Lord we still have a healthy population. That 1 "mistake" would not change thing in the grand scheme of things.
You are right about that and I would never judge anybody for doing something like tagging a spike as a doe or something equivalent, or “turn them in”

Last edited:

campboy

Might as well post a pic while I’m at it
IMG_1841.jpeg
Hopefully my young friend Anthony will pull the trigger on his first deer in the next couple of seasons. I’m so glad him and his dad and little brother came into my life. My “son” (nephew) is grown now and he hunts on his own so it’s nice to be able to get more younguns involved in the outdoors

basshappy

BANNED
View attachment 1280282
Hopefully my young friend Anthony will pull the trigger on his first deer in the next couple of seasons. I’m so glad him and his dad and little brother came into my life. My “son” (nephew) is grown now and he hunts on his own so it’s nice to be able to get more younguns involved in the outdoors

Again, 100% you did the (only) right thing, Jonathan. You would have done what you did whether that youngster was with you or not I know. But doing it with that young man present potentially set him on the right path, or pointed him in the right direction, made a positive impression, etc. Even better

Toliver

View attachment 1280282
Are you sure you killed him or did he die of embarrassment when he realized he'd been spotted in daylight?

campboy

Again, 100% you did the (only) right thing, Jonathan. You would have done what you did whether that youngster was with you or not I know. But doing it with that young man present potentially set him on the right path, or pointed him in the right direction, made a positive impression, etc. Even better
Thank you for those thoughts Thomas. You are definitely making sure to instill good qualities in your son.

AJLBucks

View attachment 1280282
Glad it all worked out, and the 4Runner! Wish I still had mine, loved that truck

Toliver

View attachment 1280282
Apparently it's a Floyd County genetic trait.... this one will be in the freezer if he isn't too ashamed to come out in the daylight.
IDHPmRIS-86093871.jpeg

Toliver

Yeah. The afternoon after I shot the spike we hunted a different property and his twin brother came by
This is the biggest buck I've gotten pictures of so far.
p1p38N7X-5615829423.jpegtempFileForShare_20230809-101944_996301482312127.jpg