10mm for deer...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I've got some 165 gr. Underwood hot stuff running 1400 out of a 6" Glock... I'm sure it'll do just fine, but I been waiting 3 seasons now for a deer to give me the right shot.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Underwood, Buffalo Bore or roll your own. Most factory 10 mm is anemic at best. Not much better than .40 cal….
Fact. There is a world of difference when you light off them Underwood's... :bounce:

If you shop around, there are good factory hunting loads out there, but you gotta pay attention to the data.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but MagTech has some JHP stuff running 1280 or so, available pretty cheap in 50 round boxes.

earlthegoat2

The 220 gr BB hard casts are IMO, one the best options or a similar handloaded option.

Keep the ranges short.

frankwright

I have killed a handful of hogs with my 10mm. I have tried for deer but they refuse to cooperate.
I killed the hogs with handloaded 180gr XTP's and it did a great job but most were head shots, but two neck/body pigs went down quickly too.

I have loaded but not tried some of these Lehigh 140gr Extreme Penetrators'.
1715181605095.png

godogs57

Underwood, Buffalo Bore or roll your own. Most factory 10 mm is anemic at best. Not much better than .40 cal….
There’s a reason for that.

My Wilson Combat/Colt Delta Elite loves 180 or 200 grain bullets on deer. I shoot XTP’s and Nosler JHP’s in both weights. Blue Dot or Longshot powders work great in any of those bullets. Blue Dot bucks and snorts more but I swear, felt recoil seems lighter. I pulled some Winchester Ranger T bullets from two boxes of 40 S&W LEO ammunition. Haven’t worked up a load yet. Those are the “new” Black Talons but are bonded, unlike the old BT’s Might see something I like out of that bullet too! I’ve killed deer with Black Talons in my 45 ACP and S&W 629 44 mag. It worked fine. No complaints from the deer.

B. White

I've only had a decent shot when carry mine once. 200gr flat point with AA#9 in one side and out the other with the best blood trail I've ever seen for the 10-12 steps it went.