10mm ammo

frankwright

I reload but have always used Hornady Xtp 180gr.
I have killed 5 or six hogs stone dead with it.
I recently bought some Lehigh 140gr Xtreme Penetrator to try. I think it is what Underwood loads.
I shot some at the range but not at game yet.
I do know a lot of the factory 10mm is pretty mild.

deast1988

I put together a model 610 this year, I’m using 155gr Barnes loaded by Buffalo Bore. Haven’t tested it on anything, but the 6.5in barrel should let it get moving fairly quick.

Lilly001

I ,and my buddy, use 180 grain Gold dots loaded by Reeds custom ammo.
He has shot 1 buck and it preformed well. Through penetration with good blood trail.
I’ve heard good things about 200 grain hard cast. They will be my next try.

Reactions: Dub

pacecars

200 gr Hard Cast by DoubleTap

godogs57

I reload and my 10mm loves both 180 and 200 grain XTP’s. I’ve also shot deer with W/W Black Talons and they performed great as well.

This year I’m trying something a little different. I ordered another box of Black Talons off Gunbroker and pulled the bullets, which were 200 grains. I pulled the bullets and reloaded with 8.2 grains of Longshot powder. That load is a preferred load in my XTP’s. Tested them at my range and my Delta Elite stacked em in a little tiny group. Ready to go on some does after the rut gets over with.

godogs57

I reload but have always used Hornady Xtp 180gr.
I have killed 5 or six hogs stone dead with it.
I recently bought some Lehigh 140gr Xtreme Penetrator to try. I think it is what Underwood loads.
I shot some at the range but not at game yet.
I do know a lot of the factory 10mm is pretty mild.
Unless stated otherwise, most 10mm loads now are pretty mild. Like “40 S&W” mild. There are certainly exceptions though. 99% of my 10mm ammo is reloaded by me.

deast1988

I shot one with my 610. Quartering towards, I knew the shot was close and I felt confident in my ability. Placed right infront of her shoulder, drove it deep into her chest. Recovered it in offside elbow. Buffalo bore 155gr Barnes XPB. No clue speed, they are one of the hotter listed factory loads. My Smith has a 6.5in barrel so should be faster then the 4.9in factory tested box speeds. Neck meets body, broke scapula, broke ribs, front of both lungs wrecked, out the ribs, split the humerus found in the off side hide.

BJ4X4

I use underwood 180 gr bonded core ( gold dots) mostly for deer, and their 200 gr hard cast for deer and/or hogs.

pacecars

DoubleTap has hard cast 200 gr and 230 gr WFNGC in stock and some other expanding bullets that are good for deer