12/1,12/7,12/8 last chance! am Wisconsin Tree

longbowdave1

Just had 3 deer run out of the bext woodlot like they were on fire. Think they does, ran away from me for a contry mile. Don't know what spooked them.

longbowdave1

About 35 minutes of shooting time left. Lo of geese flying overhead.

longbowdave1

Back in stand along crop fields . 34 degrees and stiff SW wind. Typically catch some deer right at sunrise moving off the fields until about 8am. Could come fom any direction. Hunt safe and good luck to all.

longbowdave1

Deer must be moving in the darkness . Saw my flash go off on camera.

Last edited:

longbowdave1

Didn't bump a single deer or turkey on my walkabout. Sitting in my stand on the bottom enjoying a smooshed peanut butter sandwich out of my pack. Less than an hour left to hunt. Ill have to pull the SD card from the camera that I saw flash at 6am. There been a few does and small bucks frequenting that camera. Had a scrappy little 4 point on there last week.

Mexican Squealer

Not sure where you are in Wisconsin but is the hunting usually this slow? I used to hunt just across the river in Winona, Minn. and the hunting was absolutely incredible.

longbowdave1

After the 9 day gun season deer ben pushed hard a lay low. Muzzleloader season is always tuff on this property. Once al the greenery is falen off. Nt a lot of food . Justa place to hide or pass through. Ive seen some really big bucks in the past.

longbowdave1

All done. Over and out. Good luck o those still chasing. Maybe late bow season if weather permits.

Jim Boyd

Thanks for taking us along and congrats on being the kind of guy that makes things happen - rather then the kind that sits around wringing his hands saying “I want to go, I want to go”.

IMHO the value is in the memories and not in the harvest.

Travel safe, sir!!!

longbowdave1

Thanks for taking us along and congrats on being the kind of guy that makes things happen - rather then the kind that sits around wringing his hands saying “I want to go, I want to go”.

IMHO the value is in the memories and not in the harvest.

Travel safe, sir!!!
Thank you for the kind words. This year i passed on more deer than any other year. Some maybe i shoudnt have. Been a few years since I shot one with the ML pistol, justed wanted to hunt with it after working back from some injuries and being unable to use it. Could have been done opening day with my rifle. During the bow season besides passing on some deer, I cut a few prime hunts early to help my older brother get his deer out safely. This is the land where i taught my son to hunt deer, turkey and squirrels. I still relive the days he got all his firsts, and every critter thete after. This a special geological property also. The glacer split the property in two lengthwise, south to north. I beleive its called the encarta enscapement. It starts on this property and runs through Wisconsin. Lake Michigan, the upper peninsula of Michigan, end in Niagra falls. Crop lands on the top, a ro k ledge as tall ad 155ft on the north end, and an ancient seabed below. Amazing rock formations. My son and I would take a break from deer huntingand explore the rock ledge bottom. I have seen soerme really world class bucks here, just cant put it all together, yet. I think when I fill my tags im more sad than happy, love to be out hunting. Never done hunting, not til the day I die, or just cant phyically do it.

longbowdave1

So this morning I saw my Cuddeback camera with the white flash go off at 6:00am, figured it was a deer sneaking through. Just looked at the SD card, it was a beat up 8 sneaking through. He would made great ground venison. From the angle he approached the camera, looks like he came up the ledge and headed to the field. Oh well. (The time is wrong, must be daylight savings issue or my fat frozen fingers working the camera) ML 12 8 19 023.JPG