12/31

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Sitting between two green strips this morning. Thicket to my left, creek to my right. 3 does have nibbled across from thicket to the creek so far. My son is on the creek so hopefully they’ll find him.

IMG_3077.jpeg

Last edited:

sprewett

One of the guys with us just let an arrow fly. Wind has picked up bad. I got a doe 70 yards in front of me. If I thought I could get down this tree without being busted I would belly crawl through the tall grass to within range, in theory. Reality first time that ole doe saw a branch move weird shed be gone.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
One of the guys with us just let an arrow fly. Wind has picked up bad. I got a doe 70 yards in front of me. If I thought I could get down this tree without being busted I would belly crawl through the tall grass to within range, in theory. Reality first time that ole doe saw a branch move weird shed be gone.
Aim high and let’er rip lol. Hopefully she’ll move in closer for you.

sprewett

Ended up seeing 5 does. My buddy made a clean miss, twice!
After I started to get down I decided I would walk across clear cut just to see what was going on. My pack weighs a ton so I was exactly quiet and figured the deer was gone. Wind gusting I reckon covering my noise. That doe was bedded down jumped up 20 yards from me! Watch as she ran off and turned took two steps and up out of the grass another doe jumped out. What an awesome morning! Everybody saw deer on public land late December a win win for sure.
Now headed to Paulding on private with the 30-06.