13 miles up river from ocean water

Burton

Probably a difficult question since salinity can vary based on tides, water levels, wind.

But it seems safe in my mind?? Last year I launched further upstream, but it was not an easy ramp at low tide because the ramp was covered in mud....and it was further away than where I wanted to be.

Rhodes

Does the tide influence the current of the river? If it does I would think there would be some brackish water there at time.

Burton

Does the tide influence the current of the river? If it does I would think there would be some brackish water there at time.
I assume yes. I'm more familiar with the Cooper river where the tide can change the river current 30+ miles in

Chap

Not too familiar with the Cooper, but I've been fishing some tributaries that feed in to the Ashepoo recently. One spot I recently kayaked in was probably a similar distance to the one you are talking about. I was quite surprised at how much the tide change forced the current back upriver. That said, I regularly fish the Ogeechee where it starts to turn brackish. This summer I've seen some scary drops in water during the tide change. Like freakishly bad drops that I've never seen before, and I've been in that river my whole life.