Look what showed up next door to my property.

Lilly001

This is from a neighbors land just up the creek from my land.
The locals say it’s been decades since a bear has been seen in the area.
Is it just passing through? (We are about a mile off of the Oconee river in south Lauren’s county)
What should I do to discourage it?

Attachments

• D7A99D1E-F718-4528-ABB8-504DA33CE417.jpeg
    D7A99D1E-F718-4528-ABB8-504DA33CE417.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 390

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good to see ! I wish we had a huntable population state wide . As others have said quit feeding and he’ll probably move on .

Jim Boyd

I already talked to him.
I only have one feeder running over the summer and it’s up near the house.
If he shows up there when the Wifey is out walking her puppy he probably won’t be any further problem.

So you ask what to do and in the next breath, infer you would shoot him.

My main question is - why bother asking??

Jim Boyd

I saw where he asked how to discourage it.
And then inferred if the wife and puppy were gone “he would not be a problem any more”.

You can take from that what you will and if I am wrong, I will stack apologies on apologies.

Lilly001

And then inferred if the wife and puppy were gone “he would not be a problem any more”.

You can take from that what you will and if I am wrong, I will stack apologies on apologies.
You misunderstood. Or I miss stated.
I will not do ANYTHING illegal.
My inference was that my wife would possibly act defensively if he came near the cabin and she felt that she, or her puppy, was endangered.
I meant it “tongue in cheek” and humorously.
I’m sorry I was not more clear.

Jim Boyd

You misunderstood. Or I miss stated.
I will not do ANYTHING illegal.
My inference was that my wife would possibly act defensively if he came near the cabin and she felt that she, or her puppy, was endangered.
I meant it “tongue in cheek” and humorously.
I’m sorry I was not more clear.

I am way off track then and I apologize!

I am glad we do not have bears - being part of the food chain appeals not at all to me.

Be safe brother - and I hope you all steer clear.

Again, my apologies!!!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Wonder that feeder and camera are still operational...

Lilly001

Who cares
I care.
I came to this forum to sincerely ask for advice. I then made a statement that was not taken as I thought I had offered it and some one was concerned.
As I started the thread and made the statement I believe I had an obligation to explain my post.
With the advice offered I did further research and I found that there are no crop fields upstream from me. So except for supplemental feeding there should be no reason for the bear to stick around.

Lilly001

Wonder that feeder and camera are still operational...
A few guys keep one or two going to monitor the heard over the summer.
My buddy keeps one over a salt lick and it’s amazing the traffic it gets.

WOODIE13

A few guys keep one or two going to monitor the heard over the summer.
My buddy keeps one over a salt lick and it’s amazing the traffic it gets.
Bears normally destroy both is what I'm getting at, the love the taste of plastic on cams

WOODIE13

I care.
I came to this forum to sincerely ask for advice. I then made a statement that was not taken as I thought I had offered it and some one was concerned.
As I started the thread and made the statement I believe I had an obligation to explain my post.
With the advice offered I did further research and I found that there are no crop fields upstream from me. So except for supplemental feeding there should be no reason for the bear to stick around.
The rut is on now for them if I'm not mistaken and some have a range that is over 100 square miles for males

ucfireman

Be happy you got to see it.
Be aware of the situation now that you know it may be around and go about your business.
A LOT of folks live around bears and you hear very few stories of true problems.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
I care.
I was asking why do they care what you say? Not the other way around, I’m with ya