15 World Record Fish that might never be broken

Teh Wicked

The Goliath Grouper record would be beaten the first day they were allowed to be targeted again. I have personally seen record breaking fish in relatively shallow water in the Gulf of Mexico, but seeing as how the knuckleheads who manage the fishery thinks they are endangered, and its is profitable to keep them endangered, we will never know. Just for reference sake, there is a group of guy that measure them on a regular basis with a leaser measuring device, and there are several in the 900+lb class that reside at a popular wreck in St Petersburg FL in just 130fsw

JonathanG2013

Yea I agree about the Goliath Grouper. They only reason that record is not broken yet is because they are protected. If you could keep them the record would be broken easily.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
A slight change in the subject. For those that don't know (and I didn't), they keep world records for "length" of fish. Like the standing record for large mouths is 25.38 inches. I've got one on the wall that's over 28" that I caught July 1980, but had no idea that the even cared about length. I've talked with Jim Vitek about it but as anyone could guess, was told that they have VERY specific ways to measure one and can't be done from a mount. BUT, if any one just checks and keeps up with the "length" records, You might just be in the books yourself. Heck, I was only 15 years old and had a "all line class" record and never knew it.