2 questions! please read!

hunter797

Yesterday evening i shot a buck running a doe shot was a little high with only about 5 inches of penetration. Found good blood for about 100 yards and it quit couldn't find any after that looked till 1 o'clock and buck was shot at 615. Didn't push buck at all. The blood was bright red and thin what should I do? Second is does all that trafic in there and dog going to bother deer movement at all?

BowanaLee

Its hard to say what happen on the shot but Id definitely put a dog on it even if it does booger them.

Kris87

If you're sure you only got 5" of penetration, then I'd say its a non-lethal hit. You might have gotten back part of the scapula.

But to answer your questions, I had dogs track in my woods back in September and had the same buck I shot on video the next night right where the dogs were. I actually have video of me and the dogs coming by, and deer coming down the same road within an hour of each other. Doesn't bother them IMO.

5 inches of penetration is plenty. It sounds like a dead deer to me. I would not worry about slowing down deer movement....you need to be looking hard. Don't worry about pushing him, either.

apkorda

Bright red blood high hit is a meat hit...if you hit artery - dead...

Get dog on it - they will either find a deer for the tailgate or jump a live deer.