20 Gauge WLB Shells - It's Official

allaboutshooting

All About Shooting

Winchester® Adds a 20-Gauge Load to the Long Beard XR® Lineup

December 15, 2016
EAST ALTON, Ill. –Well worth the wait, Winchester Ammunition will now offer its ground-breaking Long Beard XR in 20-gauge. With improved shotshell technology delivering more power and tighter loads in smaller gauge shotguns, an increasing number of turkey hunters are opting for the 20-gauge shotgun. Now those hunters will have a load that will allow them to maximize the 20-gauge’s potential.

The new 20-gauge Long Beard XR will come in a 3-inch shell loaded with either No. 5 or No. 6 shot. It will come 10 rounds to a box.

The key feature behind Long Beard XR’s long-range capability is the shell’s Shot-Lok® Technology. Instead of traditional buffering materials, Shot-Lok is injected as a liquid resin into the hull among the lead shot during assembly. That resin then hardens to keep pellets in place until the round is fired. Upon firing, Shot-Lok immediately fractures into a micro-buffer that protects the shot from deformation due to set-back forces. This ensures that the shot exits the muzzle nearly perfectly round, which provides tighter and more uniform patterns at extended ranges.

“Long Beard XR has changed the game for turkey hunters across the United States, and now those hunters who use the smaller, lighter 20-gauge can enjoy the same extended range benefits,” said Matt Campbell, Winchester Ammunition vice president of marketing and sales.

In addition to the new offering, Long Beard XR is also available in:

12-gauge, 3-inch, 1 3/4 ounces of No. 4, 5 or 6 shot
12-gauge, 3-inch, 1 7/8 ounces of No. 4, 5 or 6 shot
12-gauge, 3 1/2-inch, 2 ounces of No. 4, 5 or 6 shot
12-gauge, 3 1/2-inch, 2 1/8 ounces of No. 4, 5 or 6 shot

About Winchester Ammunition
A world leader in delivering innovative products, Winchester is The American Legend, a brand built on integrity, hard work and a deep focus on its loyal customers. Learn more about the history of Winchester by visiting Winchester.com or connect with us on Facebook at Facebook.com/WinchesterOfficial.

Winchester Ammunition is a proud supporter of the NSSF’s Project ChildSafe. For more information on the Own It? Respect It. Secure It.SM Initiative, please log on to: www.NSSF.org/ORS

The mtn man

I can't wait to try these.

allaboutshooting

Thank you for the awesome reviews you do.
You're welcome. I appreciate the kind words.
I hope to have them soon and I'll let you know the results as soon as I've taken them to the range.
Thanks again,
Clark

P.S. I have a number of new .45 ACP & 9mm shells to evaluate and will have those results on the site soon.

allaboutshooting

I've had a few inquiries about velocity of these new shells. That information was not included in the press release I received, so I've contacted Winchester to see if I can get that information. I'll post that here when I receive it.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

I have contacted winchester twice this week by email,with no response either time are they showing ontheir website now.

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. No, they have not yet put this information on their web site. I received an early copy of their press release. I don't think it's been given out yet to all sources but it should show up soon on other sites.

Thanks,
Clark

turkeykirk

Looking forward to see how they do.