2009-2010 Bear Season Kills

dadsbuckshot

Like to see the pictures and hear the stories. Anyone have any bow kills yet to share? I know the season is fresh, but love hearing the stories and seeing pictures :clap:

drtdobber

Have only hunted opening day but had 200+# bear walk past my stand at 60 yards through thick cover. It still got the blood pumping!

Dave T

Hey guys just posted this under the Traditional Archery tab as well. Got this one on opening day at Chestatee WMA.

I was able to stalk it while in a White Oak eating acorns and shot it when it climbed back down. It was 150# sow. It was the 8th bear I saw that day! Bear was shot at around noon. It only ran about 50 yards.

It was the thrill of a lifetime and couldn't be happier. Now dragging it out 1 1/2 miles by yourself is another story!

picture.php

Last edited:
I had a momma a three cubs maybe 35 lbs at the bottom of my stand for about 5 mins and one cub climbed about 2 ft up my tree till he saw me and backed down by then mamma knew something was wrong and cut trail with cubs right behind. Gets the blood pumping pretty good to say the least.

huntemwfo

Scouted out 16 bear before season. I took a friend sat. evening who had never killed a bear and had only killed one deer with his bow. We had 3 different bear that we pulled stalks on. The first winded us at about 70 yards. The second saw us at 47 yards. My buddy tried a shot only to hit a limb and sending his arrow to miss short. The third one we were able to work to the down wind side and pull a 45min. stalk up to 15 yards and his arrow hit its mark. 140# sow. I'll try to get pics posted. I have guided 4 people in the past 3 years 100% so far. Guiding another one next week. I get just as excited as if I made the shot.

dc410n1

Arrowed the bear in my avatar pic on survyers creek wma back in 1994. living in savannah now so there's not alot of places to hunt bear. Seen one on Fort Stewart in 2008.