2016 Lake Lanier Striper Attack

j_seph

hoping seatrout gonna pop up here in a sec

bayoubetty

I'm excited to get back on the water with you Kevin M :)
That's whats up! Cool, cool! I hope a few friends will come out as first mates! ToddS, whereyat?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Looks like I'll be in great shape to make this!!

I'll bring the new 24'6 CC.

I'll need a first mate who knows where to go and how to fish!!! I am an inshore saltwater fisherman. I know nothing of striper and bass fishing. I can show up with a fueled up boat and I can buy bait but will have to know what bait to buy and where to get it.
I have penn 2/0's and rods that may work for stripers? And I have light spinnin reels and rods for red drum/flounder/sea trout that I assume would catch bass?

I think I have a good buddy who may can come with his cc also. We'll get back on that.

Sounds fun!

Arrow Flinger

Looks like I'll be in great shape to make this!!

I'll bring the new 24'6 CC.

I'll need a first mate who knows where to go and how to fish!!! I am an inshore saltwater fisherman. I know nothing of striper and bass fishing. I can show up with a fueled up boat and I can buy bait but will have to know what bait to buy and where to get it.
I have penn 2/0's and rods that may work for stripers? And I have light spinnin reels and rods for red drum/flounder/sea trout that I assume would catch bass?

I think I have a good buddy who may can come with his cc also. We'll get back on that.

Sounds fun!
Thanks!
Please pm me your name and contact number

j_seph

How many more boats do we need

Andy O

I don't have a suitable boat, or know anything about Lanier, but I'm willing to go aboard and help.

Arrow Flinger

We are at 32 right now. A few more would be good. I am getting confirmations from the participants now so I should know for sure by Friday and then start making calls if I need too.

StriperrHunterr

Excellent. My boat is going in to have the new transducers installed this weekend and should be ready to rock by then. If something changes, though, I'll let you know.

StriperrHunterr

What transducers did you get????

The ones that Bill spec'd out in that thread. Shoot through being installed in the bilge area where the fiber is thinnest, y cabled to a skimmer off the transom for my DI. I really like the idea of 2d being a little more ahead so I can do my spoon dropping off the side rather than the back deck this summer.

bayoubetty

What a blast!! I had a great time helping out with Julie, Kevin and Charlie! Can't wait till we get together again on Lake Oconee! We managed 2 stripes after lunch - so happy!!