2021 Poult Report

Found out yesterday that my neighbor ran over a nest with a hen on it and a bunch of eggs.

I have said it for years. Bush hogs are the enemy. Wait until late June to bush hog and we would have 2X the game.

Dupree

Went and picked blackberries and mushrooms today after the rain in Haralson county. Saw 6 individual hens, and 5 of them for sure didn’t have poults with them. The 6th started acting wounded, but due to the height of grass I couldn’t see any poults. Her actions said there were poults, but I didn’t investigate, I just continued on without harassing her.

Dupree

6/22
Carroll county
2 hens and 8 poults. Poults were the size of chickens and were able to fly out of the road.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Poults on camera today. 8 or 9 a little smaller than the mineral block. A while later 7 in view that looked a little larger. A few other sightings last month but they are always too close to the camera to see how many.

Dupree

7/3
Carroll county
1 hen with 8 chicken sized poults.

goshenmountainman

Habersham, White, Rabun and Towns, have not seen a single poult, saw plenty of hens walking with none. Got three hens and four gobblers in back yard every morning, no poults. First time in many years these hens here at the house didn't have poults.

Gut_Pile

Early county

1 hen, 1 poult on 7/3

1 hen, 4 poults on 7/4

ucfireman

Found out yesterday that my neighbor ran over a nest with a hen on it and a bunch of eggs.

I have said it for years. Bush hogs are the enemy. Wait until late June to bush hog and we would have 2X the game.
Agree, and fawns too.
I don't have turkeys regularly on my place but have had a few on camera passing through, No poults seen on Coweta.
Saw a hen the other morning while I was mowing, she was along the edge of the woods by some thick stuff, thought she might have a nest, I looked but didn't see anything.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
10 poults built like super chicken yesterday in camera view. At least 2 hens.

Dupree

3 days ago, Towns county. Had what looked to be 3 hens with at least a dozen poults of varying sizes cross the road in front of me whilst I waited. 3 looked about half grown size and the rest looked much younger. First time I've seen any young ones since moving here in 2014.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I seen the most poults I’ve ever seen at one time today . And what a sight it was . 3-4 hens and at least 30 good size young ones , almost big as the hens . I wouldn’t be scared to say there were 50 . Troup co

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Also sad to say that I’m out and about a lot . And I’m looking for deer and turkeys more than I watch the road ? and that’s the first ones I’ve seen .

Gut_Pile

Lee county 7/9
3 hens, 10 poults bigger than a chicken

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Calhoun county
7/2, at least 6 poults quail size

Dooly co.
7/10
5 hens, no poults. Hope they were just taking a break from a nest