2024 Chehaw Frontier Festival?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I saw my tag last night...thought I was going to have to work that morning but got outta that.

Camp Osborn is a nice place with several open field areas as well as pavilions.

I probably shouldn't say this...but that never stopped me before...there is a nice .22 range, bow range and skeet field there too.

i hope @Nicodemus will let let me hang out around his camp

Sho nuff. Bring your cup and I`ll give you some good, strong coffee too.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Is the other gate not there any more? The map only shows the gate by the ranger's house.

Jester896

Senior Clown
We were here today before they were even ready to park us. And we didn't leave until 5:00. I can't begin to tell you what a good time we had.
It was a big time...I'll tell you this...I saw one fella...you give him a rock and he'll knock the hide offen ya in just a minute. Another fella...he shoots a mean card game...I even want to sit that one out:cool:

Boy Scouts were makin some mean cheeseburgers too.

Even got to watch a young man learn how to use the tools he picked up...watched him start 3 fires by himself after the lesson. He did have one heck of a teacher though! Coleman ain't got nuttin on this kid now!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
It was a big time...I'll tell you this...I saw one fella...you give him a rock and he'll knock the hide offen ya in just a minute. Another fella...he shoots a mean card game...I even want to sit that one out:cool:

Boy Scouts were makin some mean cheeseburgers too.

Even got to watch a young man learn how to use the tools he picked up...watched him start 3 fires by himself after the lesson. He did have one heck of a teacher though! Coleman ain't got nuttin on this kid now!

Yes, he's a heck of a teacher!
20240113_155315.jpg

Jester896

Senior Clown
They're probably still hard at it so I will post a few I have

This fella... @chehawknapper.. right here is a pleasure to listen to if you never have in person. He is the same smooth with the younguns teaching the ways as he is with the PETA advocates teaching them the truths.

IMG_1971.jpg

This fella... @Nicodemus sure knows how to light up the place.
The patience of Job with the little ones and big ones too...heck he lets me sit his camp...pretty good shot too.

IMG_1973.jpg

I admire these 2 gents bigly

This fella right here makes me sit down and shut up...if you can believe that.

IMG_1975.jpg
you can see one of his marks right there above the 2 of spades...hate he missed it ;)
here is a bigger image of his ace

IMG_1974.jpg

This one had me a little uneasy...I'm sure glad Nicodemus picked a deck that didn't have one of these in the middle

Jester896.jpg

glad he tries to be period correct :bounce:

IMG_1976.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Folks, our 36th annual Frontier Festival was a great success, and we have ya`ll, as well as many others, to thank for this. In spite of bad weather a few days before the start of the event all turned out well. It was great seeing old friends, making new ones, and living in the past. I`m hoping the many young people remember what they saw and were taught during this past weekend and I`m sure they will.

Again, folks, thank you. We will do this again next year.