270 WSM Factory Ammo

pseshooter

I just purchased a 270 wsm and was wondering where I should start as far as factory ammo goes. I think I am going to go with a 130 grain but I am open to any and all suggestions. By the way the gun will be used for deer hunting and most if not all my will be within 200yds. Thanks in advance.

duckbill

You've got the WIN 130 BT's like D2D mentioned. You've also got the Fed Premium 130 Nosler BT's. Fed Premium offers a bunch...140 Accubond, nosler partitions, nosler BT's. Then you've got you WIN 150 power points.

pseshooter

270 wsm

I sighted the rifle in with Federal Nosler Solid Base BT. Shot 1/2 groups at 100yds. Great accuracy but how is it on deer? Should I try a different bullet like the Barnes or a partition? I here alot of mixed thoughts on the BT's.

Lead Poison

I'd use them (Nosler 130gr. solid base). Since you're shooting a 270 WSM, I'd assume your shots will most likely be a long range. Those bullets should work fine for deer at long range and a gun that prints 1/2" groups is nothing but DEADLY. :shoot:

I do however, like to experiment with different bullets in my guns-its half the fun.

What make and model is your 270 WSM?

I'll be picking up the 270WSM I ordered from the gun shop tomorrow. I ordered a Winchester 70 FTWT and I can't wait to see it. I love the looks of those Win. FTWTs. :fine:

Last edited:

pseshooter

Leafd Poison

I bought the Winchester Stainless Classic. I paid 375.00 used less than a month. You would think it came right out of the box. I found out that a man bought it for his 10 year old son and was a little to much recoil. I bought it a went directly to the range.Was supprised with recoil. It seemed to be about the same as my 7mm08 Ruger Compact.I thought it would have kicked more. I was amazed at how good it shoots.

Lead Poison

That is an AWESOME deal on a GREAT rifle (Win)!

Man you gotta steal.....I mean deal :clap: :yeah:

I guess Santa came early for you this year. :bounce:

I hope mine will shoot like yours! ::;