35 Remington

menhadenman

Man I saw some up here for about $50/box. I’m reloading 35 from here out.

Sure wish they’d spin up more old school ammo. I read in the latest G&A that Remington will be putting 150 gr core lokts out for 35 Rem soon.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member

Sure wish they’d spin up more old school ammo. I read in the latest G&A that Remington will be putting 150 gr core lokts out for 35 Rem soon.
Here you go.

furtaker

The ammo companies are too busy making ammo for the cool new Buckhammer Legend straight walled cartridges that will be forgotten by 99% of the shooting public in five years.

slow motion

I've got 5 or 6 boxes. Shoot a couple preseason. Then I use 1 or 2 to kill with. Usually 2 but some years I kill 1 with a different rifle. I prefer the 200 grain soft nose. Usually corelokt but the old blue box federal were good too. Like playing cowboy. Lever action just feels good in my hands.

Big7

The Oracle

buckpasser

The ammo companies are too busy making ammo for the cool new Buckhammer Legend straight walled cartridges that will be forgotten by 99% of the shooting public in five years.

You’re right! I wish they’d quit making all these new fangle calibers. There is pretty much no stone left unturned at this point.

shdw633

I beginning to believe these so called shortages are being manufactured by the companies in order to keep the prices up. Hard to believe they haven't gotten up to speed by now.

ucfireman

I bought 2 boxes about 2 years ago, Corlokt 150 grain. 50/box.
I like the 150 over the 200. Just my preference,
Wish they would pump it out to the stores, Id buy some more.

menhadenman

I beginning to believe these so called shortages are being manufactured by the companies in order to keep the prices up. Hard to believe they haven't gotten up to speed by now.
All the men in skirts running our military have sent the munitions to a short gay man in Eastern Europe for some reason.

earlthegoat2

You’re right! I wish they’d quit making all these new fangle calibers. There is pretty much no stone left unturned at this point.

Even though, I too am fed up with new cartridges ….

The scarcity of 35 Rem is a big reason I bought a 360BH. I knew ammo was going to be available….at least for the next 2 years. The 360 is very similar to 35 Rem and chambered in similar rifles. (Though the Henry lever gun is pretty inferior to the Marlin IMO)

I also hunt in a straight wall area so that was another part of it.

So I bought a rifle and the ammo cost $25/box. I honestly have no clue why 35 Rem can’t also be so inexpensive when a brand new cartridge developed with cheap 30-30 brass and apparently highly available 35 Rem bullets is so cheap.

biggdogg

I've got 3 boxes of some REALLY old red box Federal 200 gr soft points that came with the rifle and 7 or 8 boxes of the 200 gr Remington Core-lokt. I'll save my brass and I'll just reload it when or if the need arises.

Robust Redhorse

When you find a factory load that shoots good in your rifle and works the way you want it to - GO DEEP!

I've gotten extremely frustrated over the last few years. when I have everything dialed in perfectly, then the manufacturer discontinues the product.

(6.5 Manbun, .300 Win Mag, and .300 Wby Mag). Federal three times, Remington once).

Latest posts