#352 Drivelers listening to winds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Dave it'll actually depend on which weeds you are targeting, but as far as a perrenial type weed it will be better to wait until the end of Feb-early March just before they begin to emerge.

@dwhee87 Dave, I should of thought about that you may have only been inquiring about fertilization instead or both.

Here's some valuable info on all of your needs and desires for your location:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
@fishfryer

Mr Fish, I've got bookoo's of late fallin pecans on the ground under several trees. Do you know how long they would still be viable since I'ved picked up all of the ones I did prior? I saw where I had 1st started on the early ones in October, maybe the 2nd week.

I can't put my foot down without standing on 4-5 under 2 trees, ground is covered on the leeward side after all of these winds. I'd also say that they haven't all fallen just recently either.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
@fishfryer

Mr Fish, I've got bookoo's of late fallin pecans on the ground under several trees. Do you know how long they would still be viable since I'ved picked up all of the ones I did prior? I saw where I had 1st started on the early ones in October, maybe the 2nd week.

I can't put my foot down without standing on 4-5 under 2 trees, ground is covered on the leeward side after all of these winds. I'd also say that they haven't all fallen just recently either.
One of the pecan buyers that I know of quit buying in March. If they lay on the ground this late the quality is way off. Take you a cracker and sample what you’ve got before taking the time to pick them up.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
One of the pecan buyers that I know of quit buying in March. If they lay on the ground this late the quality is way off. Take you a cracker and sample what you’ve got before taking the time to pick them up.

Yessir great advice, thank you. I'll let some dry out indoors with a small fan circulating over them spread out.

Unfortunately, we've got rain tonight and tomorrow. I just walked out there a little while ago and noticed how many. facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts