365 Prophecies About 1 Man

Diogenes

Banned
“I don't get paid for trying to help those who oppose themselves . . . If the other ever see their need for God, maybe I can help them at that time.”

Thank goodness . . . for a moment there I was afraid you might send me a bill . . .

Lowjack

When My son died in 1978 in front of all my neighbors, We had called the Rescue Squad but it took them more than 30 minutes to get to my house.
I didn't call on anyone else, All I said was Yeshua ,yeshua, yeshua give me my baby back, everyone was crying including the Firemen.

He coughed and started breathing, that's when the great physician K9 Mentioned also made a house call to me, and that's when all the neighbors hit the floors on their knees, although the baby was dead for over 20 minutes, today he is a grown man with two beautiful boys and smart beyond some who have never being dead.

So when I hear cynicism like this, it pains me.

WTM45

When My son died in 1978 in front of all my neighbors, We had called the Rescue Squad but it took them more than 30 minutes to get to my house.
I didn't call on anyone else, All I said was Yeshua ,yeshua, yeshua give me my baby back, everyone was crying including the Firemen.

He coughed and started breathing, that's when the great physician K9 Mentioned also made a house call to me, and that's when all the neighbors hit the floors on their knees, although the baby was dead for over 20 minutes, today he is a grown man with two beautiful boys and smart beyond some who have never being dead.

So when I hear cynicism like this, it pains me.

But Lowjack, some of us who have been in similiar situations did not get a positive result. Ergo the cynicism from some. It's inexplainable.

I'm very glad you did!:cool::cheers:

Lowjack

But Lowjack, some of us who have been in similiar situations did not get a positive result. Ergo the cynicism from some. It's inexplainable.

I'm very glad you did!:cool::cheers:
Well yes that is true, My Grandson die in August he was 18 I wasn;t allow to see him by police or the medical examiner, that I will never forget I could not do anything because of men and their regulations.

christianhunter

Actually this is the first time I have viewed this thread since it was posted. I've looked at all of these "prophecies" before even coming to this forum, as I looked to these as evidence to convince non-believers when I myself was a Christian.

Many of these verses have very different meanings than what their Hebrew text suggests. Others seem to be completely added into the canon at a later date. While others are more like Nostradamus: They're so general they're bound to come true.

Let me be clear: If there was a man who fulfilled even a few of these prophecies then he would no doubt be the Messiah.

My particular issue with these prophecies is that we're dealing with a religious text and people's (the translators, that is) religious beliefs towards a man they considered their Savior. The authorship of these various texts, as well as the various translations seem to be in contradiction to each other in some points. For example, take a look at the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic Texts, and the Septuagint and compare and contrast them. These differences between these are one of the main things that annoyed me as a Christian. What do I do? Accept the oldest (Dead Sea Scrolls)? Accept the newer Septuagint translation and hope the Greeks got it right? Accept the newest translation? Why are there differences, and how do we know which one is correct? How do we know what words the translators added and what was original if we don't have the original? I understand it is somewhat unrealistic to want the actual original text. But, then again, you'd think that God would provide the original text if it was His Word. If there are such differences between two versions that only differ by a few hundred years, then how do we know there weren't even more drastic changes before all of this? Is the Bible you read truly the word of God if it has been translated from Hebrew, to Greek, then to English, and if the Hebrew texts that the Masoretic Texts that the King James Version's Old Testament translation was based on differ from the Septuagint and Dead Sea Scrolls? Or just ignore the differences and have faith that my particular translation is correct? :confused:

If you ever were a Christian,by that I mean to as sincerely as you knew how for JESUS to save your soul.Then you are still a Christian.Back Slidden and full of sin for sure,but still a Christian.If that is the case,you could commit the sin unto death.Then there is the possibility you were not saved.Which is it?