#396 Drivelers getting in the Christmas spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Some folks have never seen a chicken with feathers on scratching in the dirt either. An old sow with pigs in a mud hole doesn’t look like deli sliced ham either. Most of us can take the animal and produce a finished meal, many cannot.
I very thoughtful and observant post Sir Gentleman of the Po-Farm

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I can assure you that there are places in the county that deer will eat corn on the cob while it’s still on the stalks.

Agreed.
But since there is no farming in that area these deer seem to be leery of it.
It has to smell the same as shelled corn.

Core Lokt

Has your repair part come in ? Hope you’re soon driving it again. Morning to Core.
It did. The truck will now crank but will only run for about 30-40 seconds. Still getting air in the system. Lucked up and found a diesel mechanic about 7 miles down the road. Getting truck towed there in about an hour and he will start looking at it. Tow guy said it would be $100 for the tow. He has to come from about 10 miles from where the truck is, tow it 7 miles the drive back to his shop. I guess that's not bad?? Never had a vehicle towed before.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
It did. The truck will now crank but will only run for about 30-40 seconds. Still getting air in the system. Lucked up and found a diesel mechanic about 7 miles down the road. Getting truck towed there in about an hour and he will start looking at it. Tow guy said it would be $100 for the tow. He has to come from about 10 miles from where the truck is, tow it 7 miles the drive back to his shop. I guess that's not bad?? Never had a vehicle towed before.
No I wouldn’t think that was too much

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

That is a great price on towing.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
A bit-o- deer information for any interested. The deer at the Putnam property are accustomed to eating shelled corn near trail cameras and stands. They eat it quickly.

My grandson brought a couple of bags of yellow corn still on the cob last weekend. He put some at a couple of stands and some in front of one camera.

I was there Sun-Wed and didn’t see any deer even come near that corn. At the camera they are getting closer to it but still not eating it.

They have probably never seen ear corn before.
Here’s one from the poorfarm to consider: when I bought those freshly combined peanuts the other week there were some shelled ones in the bunch. We had plenty of nuts and so when we picked through the nuts and took out bad one we saved the shelled ones seperate. We put them out on the bird feeders for the birds to enjoy. Not one has been eaten, there are several variety of birds including Bluejays. Figure that one out. Raw shelled peanuts not eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.