#402 Drivelers headed to Frontier Days..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Good one keebs!!!!!!!
Never seen that first part.
They had some fine snow skiing slopes back in those days.

crackerdave

Seems like I heard it was going to be in a different location this year?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Thanks Keebs, that video stirred memories. Those are pretty California mountains. Boones mountains were very steep and mostly hardwoods.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Thanks Keebs, that video stirred memories. Those are pretty California mountains. Boones mountains were very steep and mostly hardwoods.
I always enjoyed watching Daniel Boone as a young boy.Loved watching him fight bad men and Indians.
Later on my bubble got burst when I started learning real life was nothing like the tv program.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I always enjoyed watching Daniel Boone as a young boy.Loved watching him fight bad men and Indians.
Later on my bubble got burst when I started learning real life was nothing like the tv program.

If you want to learn about sho nuff man among men, study up on Simon Kenton. He even saved ol` Dan`l from getting taken by the Shawnee one time. His accomplishments of the time overshadow all others, including George Rogers Clark.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Simon Kenton was the real deal frontiersman. The best of that era.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This is the inscription of the Boonesborough memorial. I’m a direct descendant of a long hunter listed there.

Dedicated by their Descendents to the Sacred Memory of the Brave Pioneers who Entered the Wilderness of what Later became Kentucky and Formed the Settlement known as Boonesborough, First Fortified Settlement in Kentucky. We honor these, among the First Families of Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.