5 day stay at home vacation

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Am I the only one who likes to use a few vacation days to get things done around the house? Between the weather not cooperating on the weekends and everything else I've got to do, I like to do this occasionally so that things ain't hanging over my head.
I'm taking off until next Tuesday to work on the truck, add a yard drain and pipe around the pool, gravel up the ruts in the driveway, add vents to the shed, cut tree limbs, redo the weatherstripping on the front door, and mow if it will ever quit raining.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Sounds good. Whatcha got planned for day #2.
Today was day one and with all this dang rain, all I could do was work around the pool, drain the sump, and order all the parts I'll need for the door, the truck parts, and the pool drain. They'll be here Saturday.

bullgator

Today was day one and with all this dang rain, all I could do was work around the pool, drain the sump, and order all the parts I'll need for the door, the truck parts, and the pool drain. They'll be here Saturday.
Better hurry, Tuesday is coming…… :rofl:

bullgator

Just a little dry weather and I'll be a dangerous man. :LOL:
I’ll check with my connections and see what I can do.
You might need to plan some inside projects. Like right now, I’m double checking the mechanism on my recliner to make sure it still holds my weight.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I’ll check with my connections and see what I can do.
You might need to plan some inside projects. Like right now, I’m double checking the mechanism on my recliner to make sure it still holds my weight.
I might add a door security blocker to the front door as well as the weatherstripping to make the front door stronger in case somebody tries to break in. That's my wet weather project.

Reactions: Dub

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Used to do it a lot in them military...now wife has to crack the whip being retired

Dub

Staycations are awesome. (y)

I screw 'em up, however....if I mess around take a peek on Netflix.
Next thing I know my dog is in the recliner with me and it's binge watching something with a bag of ice on my knees.

Sometimes it's important to take some time off and chill.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Am I the only one who likes to use a few vacation days to get things done around the house? Between the weather not cooperating on the weekends and everything else I've got to do, I like to do this occasionally so that things ain't hanging over my head.
I'm taking off until next Tuesday to work on the truck, add a yard drain and pipe around the pool, gravel up the ruts in the driveway, add vents to the shed, cut tree limbs, redo the weatherstripping on the front door, and mow if it will ever quit raining.
No you’re not alone. The idea that you have to spend a lot of money and travel somewhere way off from home to relax is not in my way of thinking. Though you may want to travel to a place away from home to see the sights is sometimes good, I never got trapped into thinking that I had to go. Most of the time when I do travel, the best part is getting back home.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I do it about 4 times a year. My back yard and local fishing trips are the best places for me to take a vacation. Of course, any place away from work is a good place to vacation.