9/10 PM

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Good luck

Didn’t go this morning because it was raining when I got up sand radar showed rain for a while.

On govt land in jasper co. Acorns on the ground and some good sign around hoping something walks by

mtclev5651

Hey friends! Hope it’s been a blessed Sunday.

We have had a sermon series on Genesis and really breaking down His creation. Boy does it make hunting and sitting that much more gratifying and blessed.

Back in the same Forsyth County spot as last night.

Had every deer the big boy has been running with at 20 yards last night, but he never showed. Maybe tonight’s different…

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Hey friends! Hope it’s been a blessed Sunday.

We have had a sermon series on Genesis and really breaking down His creation. Boy does it make hunting and sitting that much more gratifying and blessed.

Back in the same Forsyth County spot as last night.

Had every deer the big boy has been running with at 20 yards last night, but he never showed. Maybe tonight’s different…
Amen!!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Good luck, we have 20 more days to go

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Back in warren. Saw 8 this mornin. Had to push a funky spike out plot. He bout ticked me off blowin. He comes back.,I dunno
Spikes eat good....

sprewett

What an amazing hunt this afternoon! This is my first year really hunting with a bow. I watched two squirrels chasing barking and having a hoot. I thought I heard something in their direction earlier in the afternoon that I was pretty sure wasn't them. Around 7 the squirrels moved trees and sure enough I was right here comes 5 does. 2 huge bodies nannies and three yearlings walked 70 yards in front of me but too far. I sat for a bit and watched them walk over the hill. Finally, about 7:54 which was sunset I thought well I am gonna get down I reached behind me pulled my quiver from my pack, secured it back to my bow, and put my arrow back in it. Soon as I was fixing to pull the rope up to let my bow down I heard foot steps in front of me and at 20 yards 5 does! I slowly and quietly knocked the arrow and hoped for an opportunity to stand and pull back. Two of the does were very mature and although they never completely busted me the knew something wasn't right. They came in to 16.5 yards and I couldn't do anything but watch them. My step dad was chastising me for not carrying my crossbow but I really want to stick one with compound. Boy what an amazing hunt this evening! I'm gonna give that stand a little breathing room after tonight to let em get use to seeing my stand.

flatwoods

What an amazing hunt this afternoon! This is my first year really hunting with a bow. I watched two squirrels chasing barking and having a hoot. I thought I heard something in their direction earlier in the afternoon that I was pretty sure wasn't them. Around 7 the squirrels moved trees and sure enough I was right here comes 5 does. 2 huge bodies nannies and three yearlings walked 70 yards in front of me but too far. I sat for a bit and watched them walk over the hill. Finally, about 7:54 which was sunset I thought well I am gonna get down I reached behind me pulled my quiver from my pack, secured it back to my bow, and put my arrow back in it. Soon as I was fixing to pull the rope up to let my bow down I heard foot steps in front of me and at 20 yards 5 does! I slowly and quietly knocked the arrow and hoped for an opportunity to stand and pull back. Two of the does were very mature and although they never completely busted me the knew something wasn't right. They came in to 16.5 yards and I couldn't do anything but watch them. My step dad was chastising me for not carrying my crossbow but I really want to stick one with compound. Boy what an amazing hunt this evening! I'm gonna give that stand a little breathing room after tonight to let em get use to seeing my stand.
Nothing like hunting with a trad. bow or a compound
I think you are hooked now!

sprewett

@flatwoods you are correct sir,.it was a BLAST! I will say though push comes to shove I will pick up the cross bow. We are all but out of deer meat from last year.
I was thinking after they left about how much of a game changer it is carrying a bow over my 30-06. While I love my rifle and have rifle hunted since 92' it isn't near as difficult in terms of getting close. Hopefully, one day after watching many deer run off,.missing a few, and hopefully sticking a few I can be as efficient as alot of you guys!

@flatwoods you are correct sir,.it was a BLAST! I will say though push comes to shove I will pick up the cross bow. We are all but out of deer meat from last year.
I was thinking after they left about how much of a game changer it is carrying a bow over my 30-06. While I love my rifle and have rifle hunted since 92' it isn't near as difficult in terms of getting close. Hopefully, one day after watching many deer run off,.missing a few, and hopefully sticking a few I can be as efficient as alot of you guys!
I got some deer meat from last year I will give you .. text me if you want it

Latest posts