9/17 PM

flatwoods

Pretty much zero service where I was. Jumped a couple on the way in.
Saw nada from the stand. Wind was as forecasted about 50% and straight into the bedding area 50%.
Saw a pile of turkeys fly up and the coyotes lit it up near dark.

It felt great to be in the stand, except for the sweating part.
Oh and the forgetting the rangefinder part.
I think I will do it again in the morning.
Night all!

flatwoods

I almost forgot the most important part.
I called a great, old friend earlier and asked if I could walk down in there behind the house.
Got the same response that I have been getting for 45 years. Anytime son.
:)
I hunted this evening on a wonderful place. I was within a couple hundred yards of where I had my first deer hunt.
The place that started the crazy addiction all those years ago. I quit hunting there years ago when the grandkids came along, even though I could hunt anytime.
I'm glad to say that they have enjoyed it as much as I did.
Lots of memories there. I sat there this evening and remembered deer killed and fun times. Turtles caught in the creek oxbows, climbing trees for catalpa worms, catching tiny catfish in the pond.
It was an enjoyable evening.

sprewett

What a hunt!!!!! I am gonna have to stop being bashful and stand up instead of making excuses. About 7:40 heard deer coming in. I had good cover should have stood they were about 35-50 yards off, I didn't use the range finder because I didn't feel comfortable shooting where they were. They came on in. A buck and three does and the buck (a small 6) was leading the pack. He came to 12 yards stood broadside but I was afraid to stand because I didn't want to get busted. After a bit he winded me and they walked off about 25 yards. After shooting light they came back all of them right in front of my stand I was gonna wait em out but I got in the stand at 12:15 and I was ready so I just said out loud to them. "Y'all are welcome to stay as long as you want but I'm leaving" of course they ran off no blowing or anything just ran off about 20 yards (I guess it was dark) and was there the entire time I climbed down the tree and left.
Always good to see deer on a hunt as far as that goes always good to just be able to get out.
@Railroader I thought about you when I said that I didn't care if they stayed or left I was ready to go!