A Good Day Out Out of Miami.

mike1225

My Buddy invited me to come go fishing along with his Dad & another friend. I have never seen as much weed but we were able to find some under the birds & around a few turtles. Oh yeah & one cross tie.

Attachments

• 720.JPG
    720.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 720-2.JPG
    720-2.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 720-3.JPG
    720-3.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 257

slow motion

Beautiful fish and quite a haul. Thanks for sharing.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Awesome day!

swamp hunter

Good Job !
Them Dolphin are one of the Funnest fish to catch that swims , Eat good too..
I like to drift with the Weed lines and send baits to different depths , especially during the Mid Day times.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Great job on that great haul!!!
How many miles from shore did y'all go?
The water looks nice and calm!!!

pottydoc

He could have well been out a lot farther, but it gets deep in s/SE Fl really quick, so they could have caught those while he could still see people on the beach. I lived in WPB for a bunch of years. A mile out is pushing 100'.

OP, very nice bunch of fish.

pottydoc

He could have well been out a lot ****her, but it gets deep in s/SE Fl really quick, so they could have caught those while he could still see people on the beach. I lived in WPB for a bunch of years. A mile out is pushing 100'.

OP, very nice bunch of fish.
Why did far ther get deleted? I wasn't aware it was a swear word.

mike1225

We caught most of the fish at about 1100 feet. I think we fished mostly from 12-18 miles out. We caught some closer in but went searching for floaters & bigger fish a little further out. That's what I like about Miami. You can catch all kinds of fish & not lose sight of the buildings. You can spend more time fishing instead of riding forever.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Chartered out of Miami/Key Biscayne once years ago, and tore up the mahi. Talk about a fun day. Those are great fun to catch, and like you said, you don't have to go but 8-10 miles out to get into the fish.

pottydoc

Thanks CK. I would have never thought of that. In fact, I’m surprised that particular word is even banned. I mean, I realize most hunters don’t ever do that kind of thing, especially when in a group of people at deer camp. But banning it is a little strict to me. Maybe I’ll quit the forum. :)

jdgator

That's what I like about Miami. You can catch all kinds of fish & not lose sight of the buildings. You can spend more time fishing instead of riding forever.

My sentiments exactly. And if a storm kicks up you can be back in the inlet pretty quick.