A great gunsmith in Walton County !!!!!

Jody Hawk

I've found my new gunsmith !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw where Darrell (01Foreman400) recommended Jack Bennett in Loganville on the gunsmith thread. A carried my shotgun to him to get him to drill and tap the receiver and mount a weaver rail on it. He said he was a little backed up and it might take him two weeks to get to it. I told him no rush. He called me 4 days later and said he worked over one night and got it ready for me. I picked it up today and he invited me into his home and showed me some of the game he's taken over the years from a 170" Canada whitetail to all kinds of exotic game. Super nice fellow who has earned himself a new customer !!!!!!!!!!!

gasph

past customer

I have used Jack previously on three rifles that were sent for trigger work, bedding and I added muzzle brakes to two of them. I have always been very pleased with his work and will use him again. I found him pleasant to deal with and he has extensive firearms knowledge and a very impressive shop. The work he did for me was turned around in a timely manner and within the estimated time he stated.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Good to hear Jody. He is one of the best. His mount collection is something else. I'm takeing a rifle to him and also dropping a shotgun off for my brother this week.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I actually just talked with him. Going to drop a rifle and a shotgun off this week.

ultramag

Hey Jody..I am glad that you found Jack..He is a great gunsmith.. I have known him for 12 years..He built my 300 Ultramag for me .. It is a tack driver:cool:

Jody Hawk

Hey Jody..I am glad that you found Jack..He is a great gunsmith.. I have known him for 12 years..He built my 300 Ultramag for me .. It is a tack driver:cool:

Jerry,
I'd never even heard of him until I saw where Darrell recommended him on the gunsmith thread. Colley Jackson was the only one I knew of for years around here.

ultramag

Jerry,
I'd never even heard of him until I saw where Darrell recommended him on the gunsmith thread. Colley Jackson was the only one I knew of for years around here.

Jack is an incredible shot with a rifle too..He had sold his ultramag and was going to Africa..so i told him to take mine with him and just be sure and kill some stuff with it:bounce: He killed a Kudu at 880 yds with my Ultramag:cheers:That is right at a Half mile..And as far as the mounts that he has..I kind of like the Baboon that he has mounted sitting on the bar drinking a bud light:bounce::bounce: