A Hillbilly Thanksgiving

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This will be a running thread as stuff happens. I have family coming in from out west, and family who have jobs with odd schedules like nurses and stuff, so we pretty much never do Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day. We're having our family Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon.

Me and YHFP spent most of the day yesterday cooking, baking, and prepping.

YHFP's semi-world famous tater salad:

tatersalad.jpg

And her gooey chocolate-walnut brownies:

brownies.jpg

I was busy too. First batch of homemade yeast rolls:

rolls1.jpg

And the second batch:

rolls2.jpg

I also baked a red velvet bundt cake with a cheesecake filling:

redvelvet.jpg

YHFP made up some delicious Phillie steaks last night after the baking was all done:

phillie.jpg

Now, I'm getting ready to throw a turkey on the Akorn. Gonna be a good day, but tiring.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Turkey on there with some apple and post oak wood. It's looking and smelling good:

turkey.jpg

brownies2.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oooooh Man!!!!! Lookin Good!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wound up having a great Thanksgiving dinner. Had nearly 20 members of my family there, including some I haven't gotten to see in a few years. All four of us siblings. We all ate way too much, had a good time, and most importantly, made Mom very happy. She'll be 90 in about a month, so we try to make every holiday a good one for her. Everybody brought some good food, and we did it justice. I managed to get pics of about half the spread before it completely disappeared. My rolls and cake and turkey didn't last long.

spread1.jpg

spread2.jpg

spread3.jpg

spread4.jpg

cake.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
This will be a running thread as stuff happens. I have family coming in from out west, and family who have jobs with odd schedules like nurses and stuff, so we pretty much never do Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day. We're having our family Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon.

Me and YHFP spent most of the day yesterday cooking, baking, and prepping.

YHFP's semi-world famous tater salad:

View attachment 1192856

And her gooey chocolate-walnut brownies:

View attachment 1192857

I was busy too. First batch of homemade yeast rolls:

View attachment 1192858

And the second batch:

View attachment 1192859

I also baked a red velvet bundt cake with a cheesecake filling:

View attachment 1192860

YHFP made up some delicious Phillie steaks last night after the baking was all done:

View attachment 1192861

Now, I'm getting ready to throw a turkey on the Akorn. Gonna be a good day, but tiring.
I'd like to try those rolls.