Hillbilly Thanksgiving

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We're having our family Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon at my sister's house. This one will be strange, first one without Mom being here.
Anyway, me and YHFP spent most of the day yesterday prepping for our contributions.

YHFP's semi-world famous tater salad and gooey double chocolate walnut brownies:

tatersalad.jpg

brownies.jpg

brownies2.jpg

I made a big batch of yeast rolls and a red velvet cake with cheesecake filling:

rolls1.jpg

rolls2.jpg

redvelvetcake.jpg

Now I'm prepping the turkey to throw it on the smoker in a few minutes. More to come.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I told my wife I was ready for some traditional Native Indian dishes instead of her everyday Pilgrim menu.
I got the cold shoulder.
:huh:
Yallerjacket soup, beanbread, hickory milk, sochan greens, and wood grubs?

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Ya'll did good as usual. I know you missed your Mama. I was telling H22 yesterday as we were heading to his sisters house that it would be your first Thanksgiving without her. He didn't know and sends his condolences.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ya'll did good as usual. I know you missed your Mama. I was telling H22 yesterday as we were heading to his sisters house that it would be your first Thanksgiving without her. He didn't know and sends his condolences.
Thanks. Hope y'all had a good one, too!

dawg

We're having our family Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon at my sister's house. This one will be strange, first one without Mom being here.
Anyway, me and YHFP spent most of the day yesterday prepping for our contributions.

YHFP's semi-world famous tater salad and gooey double chocolate walnut brownies:

View attachment 1271830

View attachment 1271831

View attachment 1271832

I made a big batch of yeast rolls and a red velvet cake with cheesecake filling:

View attachment 1271833

View attachment 1271834

View attachment 1271835

Now I'm prepping the turkey to throw it on the smoker in a few minutes. More to come.
Sorry for your Mom not being w you! My Mom is 81; I treasure every day. God bless you and your family.