A Longtime Handloader Taking Inventory

Jester896

Senior Clown
my personal experience with Hornady hasn't been good...that doesn't mean others haven't had good ones. The 2 set I have purchased went back.

It couldn't hurt to polish the expander if it is sizing to your satisfaction. Too much drag might unnecessarily give you additional run out.

Rolling the case on the pad doesn't provide much lub inside the neck unless you make an effort to get some in there.

rosewood

Took two deer in 3 minutes at a state park hunt last year with my own loads for the first time. Really adds to the experience. Its feels just like when I started doing all my own deer processing. Like you are growing into a more rounded outdoorsman. Gratifying indeed.
Gives an extra bump when you cast the boolit you shot the deer with also. I think every hunter should process their own deer. Gives you pause when you think, if I shoot that deer, I am going to have to clean it.

Rosewood

rosewood

my personal experience with Hornady hasn't been good...that doesn't mean others haven't had good ones. The 2 set I have purchased went back.

It couldn't hurt to polish the expander if it is sizing to your satisfaction. Too much drag might unnecessarily give you additional run out.

Rolling the case on the pad doesn't provide much lub inside the neck unless you make an effort to get some in there.
The drag also causes case lengthing.

rosewood

There is nothing like seating those bullets on your prepped, primed and ready cases and then taking a look at the finished product! Makes your heart warm and your soul satisfied!
What warms your heart more is when the bullets shoot tighter groups than factory fodder.

rosewood

Dang, good to know I’m not the only one....
Looking at my stash a few weeks ago and, in the back, I spy an unopened 1 lb’er of H450 and another old box of bullets.View attachment 1036910
50 years of reloading....
I had heard of H450, but never actually seen it....