About those refs….

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Haven’t seen the Auburn faithful lately, I’ll leave this right here.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The pass the receiver pushed off the defensive back then caught the ball.
Pushed him out of position. Guess that’s legal.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The pass the receiver pushed off the defensive back then caught the ball.
Pushed him out of position. Guess that’s legal.
The refs usually give both sides a wide margin in hand fights in those situations.

The Tide overcame the cheat in the end, Karma.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The refs usually give both sides a wide margin in hand fights in those situations.
So if the defender push the receiver out of position u would be good with that and lost your chance at the NC game. Interesting.

BamaGeorgialine

To push off, you have to extend the arms. The reciever leaned into the DB to create space. And it worked! On 4th and 31! I just watched it again and I still can't believe it! And I thought 2nd and 26 was a miracle! The GOAT never seems to amaze me! Just like when he hired a Michigan coach last week.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
To me there’s difference in players making a mistake in action and it’s planned team strategy.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
To me there’s difference in players making a mistake in action and it’s planned team strategy.
Agree but that head lock up there ain’t no mistake. You don’t accidentally do something like that.

I don’t care when the officials miss a call here and there. It’s moving fast and there no way they can see everything. It bothers me a lot more when they call something that didn’t happen or they call something on the other side of the field that had no impact on the play. As far as cheating, any coach that wins very many is either cheating to some degree or opporating in a grey area.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Agree but that head lock up there ain’t no mistake. You don’t accidentally do something like that.

I don’t care when the officials miss a call here and there. It’s moving fast and there no way they can see everything. It bothers me a lot more when they call something that didn’t happen or they call something on the other side of the field that had no impact on the play. As far as cheating, any coach that wins very many is either cheating to some degree or opporating in a grey area.
Agreed……things get missed.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Choking is always legal for Bama as long as the defensive back doesn’t interfere with the receiver’s ability to catch the ball. I hope this rule clarification helps. :bounce: :rockon:
>>>>>>>>>> Losers form a line to the right please.

Last edited:

Geffellz18

Ahhhh-More Free entertainment brought to you by the armchair quarterback club!
Any team-ANY Team can have a highlight reel of bad calls not called.
Only way Any Team-ANY Team wins a ball game is bad calls in their favor.
Otherwise, it’s just a choreographed dance on grass!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Ahhhh-More Free entertainment brought to you by the armchair quarterback club!
Any team-ANY Team can have a highlight reel of bad calls not called.
Only way Any Team-ANY Team wins a ball game is bad calls in their favor.
Otherwise, it’s just a choreographed dance on grass!
Exactly, my beef was the Auburn deal was an obvious strategy. Action calls get missed. And as was said I rather default to let them play.

Geffellz18

Your video isn’t referring to a bad call-That’s a strategy. Something that was orchestrated and more than likely encouraged and coached to.
That’s much different IMO than a PI, False start/offsides, hold, etc not being called.
It’s a fast game with lots of movement and what not. The clapping-even if sped to normal speed wasn’t hard to notice and happened right by the ref multiple times.
I too choose to just let the boys play ball, however! Not that I don’t call them out in real time. I just don’t let them become the SOLE reason for the outcome!