Going to Auburn

REDMOND1858

This kinda fits in here, figured there’s some Auburn faithful that can help me out.

Going to Auburn, Al tomorrow with a few hours to burn. Gonna have my wife and 3 younger daughters with me. Looking for something cool to do to kill a few hours.

I’m a UGA fan, but still plan on riding by the Stadium, checking out Toomers corner (all I know about it is that’s the place y’all TP in the rare instance y’all win a game::ke:) ……things like that. What’s something y’all would recommend to do to kill a few hours? One of my daughter is really interested in vet stuff and animals, is there anywhere at the vet school you can tour possibly?
Where should we go eat? Any help would be great. Thanks

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
@weagle @ throwback maybe these members can give you pointers.

DannyW

If you're into antiques, you can burn a couple hours easily at Angel's. It's just a few miles before the Auburn exit, exit 62. Google 'Angel's Antiques' for more information. They have real stuff, not the shiny repop stuff made in China. Found some great bargains in there.

For food, your tastes may be different than mine but my #1 favorite place is Pannie-George's Kitchen. Some call it soul food, others call it country cooking, but whatever it is it's great. Best mac & cheese you will ever taste. Take the Auburn exit 51, turn right toward the school, and it will be a couple blocks ahead on the left.

Also, Toomers Corner Drugstore makes some killer fresh lemonade.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Just now saw this.
Post pics
You should be able to go by the vet school and ask. I don’t know if class was have started though. I think they start next week.

Go by the raptor center

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Don't blink or you'll miss all the important stuff.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Go by and check out the "Buyout" marble statues. It's close to Toomers. Statues of Chizik, Malzahn, and Harsin proudly standing with their pants down and their butts showing towards Jordan Hare. Complete with sacks full of booster money and an eternal flame in which fans are encouraged to throw booster money into to burn for former and current coaches.

REDMOND1858

We went. It was fun, got to see the stadium. Really nice town. Not really a sight seeing friendly area if you don’t know what you are looking for or where you are going. Move out the way or get run over. Would have been fun if we coulda parked and walked around a while, but time ran shorter than we expected.

We ate at Baumhowers. It was really good.

I will add this. I’m a Dawg fan. Through and through. But I didn’t see any Rainbow painted Eagletigers or pride flags all over the place like you see in Athens. Doubt I’d try to talk my youngins out of going there if AU is where they decide they want to go when that time comes. But I would never wear Orange and Blue. Ever.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Auburn is typically ranked as one of the most conservative colleges in the country.

I’m sure UGA is one of the more liberal colleges