Abuse of handicap tags

LTZ25

I hesitate to bring this up but what about the fire lane violations , you can't get a good place in the fire lane in Fayetteville because they are all taken .

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I hesitate to bring this up but what about the fire lane violations , you can't get a good place in the fire lane in Fayetteville because they are all taken .
Friend of mine used to work part time security at a local grocery store. Most of the time I saw him there he was running folks out of the fire lane. One right after another.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
You must not live in a "Culturally diverse neighborhood".
I dare you to find an empty space anywhere close to Atl.
I don’t know if that’s true or not. Whites are just as fat and lazy as any other culture is around here

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
These are the same people who get the electric carts while in Walmart or grocery store.. They all have the same thing in common...Fat and lazy.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT SOME PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!!!! SEE THE EXAMPLE BELOW.

I see this same type happening in a local Walmart and ONE WOMAN IN PARTICULAR that I see in there about twice a month must weight 350-400 plus pounds and her dang near 4 foot wide rear-end hangs over at least a foot on each side of the seat on this electric cart. Most every time, she has 5 stair-step kids (from about 2-6 years old) running around behind her electric cart as they are all playing with various sizes of balls that they took from the kids section and they are throwing them back and running back and forth in the store and knocking things down etc as the Mama is oblivious as to what they are doing as she is too busy eating one of those "foot long sammmaaachies" that she got from the Deli and she eats it while riding on this cart through the store. I can only hope that she actually pays for it.

Over the past year or so, I have seen several times when she got to the register to pay, she whipped out her Georgia Peach Card (welfare again) and also the WIC coupons for all sorts of freebies at my expense.

THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES OF WHY I HATE TO PAY MY HARD EARNED TAXES FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS NOW TO PAY FOR THESE LOW-LIFE DEMOCRATIC IDIOTS WHO SPITS OUT ANOTHER BABY EVERY 9 MONTHS AND 2 SECONDS AND EXPECT THE "WORKING PEOPLE" OF THE WORLD TO PAY FOR THEM.

JUST LATE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON IN THIS SAME WALMART, I SAW A TOTAL OF 5 OF THESE ELECTRIC CARTS GOING THROUGH THE STORE AND EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE (4 FEMALES AND ONE MALE) WEIGHED TWICE MORE THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE ACCORDING TO THEIR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT !!! THREE OF THESE FEMALES WERE TALKING ON NICE CELLPHONES AS THEY TRAVELLED ABOUT THE STORE AND I BET $100 TO A DOUGHNUT THAT THEY WERE ALL FREE TO THEM AS WELL.

I really believe that the majority of these people chose to create their ongoing problems of over-eating and that is why they are so grossly overweight.

Personally, I would love to cause a "disappearing act" right there in the store if I had my wishes and I surely don't think that I am the only TAXPAYER that feels this way !!! :hair::hair::hair::hair:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

BeerThirty

True story.

I watched a woman get out of her car and walk towards the store. When a car in a closer space left she turned around and walked back to her car to move it to the closer space. Some people have no sense of proportion about parking spaces.

Some spend more time driving around the parking lot looking for the better spot then they do shopping.

Man, I cannot tell you how my blood boils when I get stuck behind someone waiting forever for someone else to back out. I have noticed this a lot more in the south, too.

BeerThirty

I do this every once in a while and honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. When I do it, i'm usually just dropping off or picking up my wife. Maybe a minute or two max. If there was an emergency, I have no doubt I pull my butt outta the way. Where I have a problem with it is people who park it there for extended durations of time.

ryanh487

I will park in the fire lane if I'm dropping someone off to run in real fast. But I leave the car running and stay in it, I can move if I need to. Think I'll be able to figure out of the building catches fire while I'm sitting there.

I drive a 3/4 ton pickup. Back of the parking lot is the name of the game if I want to be confident there won't be someone parked too close to open my door and get in the truck when I return.

Patriot44

Banned
I never try to find a close parking spot. If one is open I’ll drive past it. I figure there is always someone that needs to park closer than I do. Plus, I don’t want any door dings so I want park close to anyone if I can help it
I do this too. I almost never park in the first rung of the parking lot closest to the building for the exact reason you state- someone else needs that more than I do.

My ADHD is pert bad too so I can use the extra walk..and my OCD causes me to always park on the right side driving away from the building, second rung...what a mess! HA

GreenPig

How easy is it to get a handicap tag? I work with more than a couple able bodied folks that have and utilize the handicap spots. I can see if they have a disabled family member but they aren’t going to work with them. I find it extremely irritating when people abuse the system.
I thought for a moment this was something that was going to be handled by the DNR. Like gator tags.

NOYDB

BANNED
Ask one of our firefighters what they do with that huge fire truck when they encounter someone's car left in a firelane.

ucfireman

If its a medical call, those are more frequent, I pull up in front of the car in the fire lane, wedge the truck in there and make the car have to back out. On the rare occasion the ambulance pulls up at the same time. We trap the car in the lane till we are done.
And block up the whole area in front of the store. Its a lot of fun to see the reactions.

NOYDB

BANNED
A firefighter told me years back that the firetruck is big enough and heavy enough that it is parked where wanted. And if car is in the way it is moved. Any scrapes or dents are the car owners problem.

I'm sure these days a lawsuit would follow. But I don't know that a Judge would have any sympathy for blocking a fire lane.

ucfireman

On a fire call, if the car is blocking the FD connection or the hydrant, we are allowed to do what ever is needed to make the connection. Through the window, under the car or over it. And we are not responsible for the damage, if the car is parked illegally.