Active Sonar

tr21

Looking at the same unit, provide some updates for us when you can!
i'm still waiting to mount the transducer, just got my ram mount today and the unit mounted. i'll let you know how it works when i get to use it on the water

hopper

i'm still waiting to mount the transducer, just got my ram mount today and the unit mounted. i'll let you know how it works when i get to use it on the water
You gonna be watching it like a t.v.?
I want to add the panoptix to my
93sv. Have fun!!

zman

Just got the pannoptix this week. Went with a guide who had it n I fell in love with it. Could see my bait coming through the fish. We was catching fish like crazy and then just stopped. He used the pannoptix to look around and the school of fished had moved. Found them and right back to catching. Can't wait to find time on the water to play with it n figure it out. Love my hummingbirds but there way behind garmin.

i_fish

I am thinking about pulling the pin on an active sonar system and curious if anyone has any advice. Leaning toward Garmin but open to suggestions.

I am generally adverse to technology and I am not certain I really want to add any more tech to fishing. Have you done it? Are you satisfied? I have issues with side scanning already LOL...is the learning curve worth the effort for a fisherman who ain't interested in tournaments or guiding others for a living???

There's several side comparisons on youtube. I recommend checking them out before you decide.
From what I've seen from the comparisons Garmin has a great unit.

i_fish