Adapter plate for pistol red dot

Headshot

Old eyes need some help. I am researching putting a red on my Glock 26 using a dovetail rear sight mount. Milled slides or MOS slides are liked by many as well. . I know buy once cry once is a good rule to follow but I don’t want to mill my slide at this time. Two adapter plates I’m have looked at online are the DoveDot mounts and the Outer Impact mounts. Both seem to get good reviews, especially the DoveDot mounts. Anyone have experience with either of these. Probably will use a Holosun 407k 6 moa red dot as my optic. Thanks!

Dub

There are now many makers of aftermarket slides for Glocks.

It may be cost effective in the long run to buy a new slide that is already optics-ready.

You could swap slides whenever you wanted.

I have yet to try this but have hung onto the idea as a rainy day project.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Have you considered the meprolight FT bullseye sight? It installs in the rear dovetail and is still low profile.

BriarPatch99

GeezerRay brought a Glock dovetail mount for Holsun Red Dots.... he had his milled instead & left the Glock mount out in my shop... I may try it out soon as I pick up the right Holsun...

I have been watching for a slide also....but just may end up milling mine...

frankwright

I used one from EGW when I first started thinking about using an optic.
I don't know about the others though.
With EGW you have to pick which optic you want to use so the mounting holes will align.
I currently have it on a G44 which they say not to do but it has been fine so far.

Adam5

I like the DPP Titanium mounts. I use them on both of my red to equipped Glocks. As far as milling the EOM slide, I would get an aftermarket slide that’s precut so that you swap back and forth if you want to.

transfixer

I would suggest either choose the most economical option to try first, or go somewhere that you can rent/borrow a similar Glock with a red dot and try it out, make sure you can get used to it before getting into it all the way.

I say that because I tried a red dot on a G19 clone, one which I shoot extremely well with normal sights, but could not get used to a red dot on it, it would have required re-training myself completely in order to acquire the dot consistently when drawing and aiming. on a defense pistol I don't want to have to search for the dot under stress, and the dot has a way of disappearing if you cant the pistol any direction. I also don't want the chance of it failing when I need it due to malfunction or batteries

Everyone is different, and since you're talking about a G26 I gather it will be for defense, and most defense needs occur at less than 5yds, at that distance sights are generally an after thought under stress

Adam5

I would not trust Optics Planet at all, they're simply a drop shipper, to my knowledge they don't stock anything

I have placed plenty of orders through them with no issues. I do make sure that it’s in stock and ready to ship though. They have a large warehouse outside of Chicago that a lot of their orders ship from.

transfixer

I have placed plenty of orders through them with no issues. I do make sure that it’s in stock and ready to ship though. They have a large warehouse outside of Chicago that a lot of their orders ship from.

Years back I tried ordering a few things from them, some of which were hard to find in stock elsewhere, they showed in stock on the website, only to wait close to a month to receive my order, my stepson has had the same experience with them as I have ,

Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I would not trust Optics Planet at all, they're simply a drop shipper, to my knowledge they don't stock anything
I've had mixed results with Optics Planet. Mixed enough that I use them to shop, and order somewhere else ...

As far as plates go, I've used a few on different weapons, and by the time you get it all assembled, the optic is jacked up pretty tall and wonky...

I liked the optic pistols so well that I bought a G19MOS and a G40MOS.

I also very much like the idea of a spare slide cut for an optic, for interchange..

trial&error

funny that the description says no RMR cut but the picture shows an RMR cut...seems kinda bait and switch to me
Yeah I noticed that later. it was just a quick search for an example. There were others listed below it with correct wording for about $25 more.

frankwright

Most precut slides are around $300. Almost the cost of a new gun, especially if you are veteran or First Responder.
Try a dovetail mount. If you like it either get it cut for Red Dot , but a MOS gun or sell yours and buy a MOS gun.

B. White

I would suggest either choose the most economical option to try first, or go somewhere that you can rent/borrow a similar Glock with a red dot and try it out, make sure you can get used to it before getting into it all the way.

I say that because I tried a red dot on a G19 clone, one which I shoot extremely well with normal sights, but could not get used to a red dot on it, it would have required re-training myself completely in order to acquire the dot consistently when drawing and aiming. on a defense pistol I don't want to have to search for the dot under stress, and the dot has a way of disappearing if you cant the pistol any direction. I also don't want the chance of it failing when I need it due to malfunction or batteries

Everyone is different, and since you're talking about a G26 I gather it will be for defense, and most defense needs occur at less than 5yds, at that distance sights are generally an after thought under stress

I put a Vortex Venom on a S&W Victory 22 it was great for shooting squirrels, so I added a plate for the rear sight dovetail on a Springfield 10mm and put another one on it. Never could get comfortable with it. I don't know why the experience was so much different between the two, but it was. Went back to iron on the 10mm.

Headshot

I ordered an Outer Impact plate to replace the rear sight and mount the red dot. Seems the best route for me at this time. If a red dot sight is the way to go for me, I have the options to continue with the mount, mill the slide or just buy a new slide. Many thanks to all of you for the input....that's what I wanted from Woody's. I have great respect for each of you and your input was just what I was looking for.