Sig sauer 1911 red dot scope mount?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’m having difficulty figuring out what mount to possibly use on my pistol. I’d be ok using a Trijicon, Holosun or Sig red dot, but the only mount I’ve found is plastic with bad reviews. Is it possible to mount a red dot on a Sig 1911? Or should I just keep using iron sights? I’d rather not have the slide milled.IMG_4579.jpeg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have tried a couple of the dovetail mounts, and they work.

But they are sloppy looking as all get out to me.

Makes the whole thing too tall and wonky in my view.

If I were doing a 1911, I would probably go the milled slide route, keeping the original, or buy a gun ready to go...

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Santa brought the olight/laser. It had good reviews, think I’m gonna like it.View attachment 1278590
Yea, i almost got that one for my son. I chickened out since i didnt have any real life experience with that company. About a month ago i bought their rechargeable mini flashlight and it is true quality (bought one for my wife’s car too). I love it. The flashlight also has a laser, and it works great, so now i am wondering if i should have tried the weapon mounted light by OLIGHT. They have video about the manufacturing process that is very cool. And like you said solid reviews.

IMG_7547.jpegPlease let us know how strong that mounting system is and how it holds a zero. I would love to try it out.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Btw, even though they are made in china, they have a operational headquarters in Georgia. So hopefully that will translate into good customer service ?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Locks up tight, we’ll see how it stands up to a .45. My boy has one on a Walther .380 that’s been doing good. It really hasn’t been used/abused much though.IMG_4828.jpegIMG_4827.jpegIMG_4826.jpegIMG_4825.jpegIMG_4824.jpeg

Dub

@fireman32 I've never tried mounting a red dot sight using a rear sight dovetail mount.

Seems like it would be an awkward method.

I've always used guns that were cut for them. It gets the optic down nice and low. Quick to find. Natural.

IMG_9058.jpeg

As far as lights go, I'm in agreement with @HarryO45 in the Surefire X300U lights.

IMG_0088.jpeg

Sometimes carry them with the light mounted....many times they get carried nekkid.

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

I like having a railed .45 with iron sights.

Provides many options.

bullgator

I’m a big fan of Olight. They seem to be the best of the Chinese made lights. I kind of consider them the Holosun of the light market. They may not be considered Surefire or Streamlight in the professional world, but they deliver some of the best price to performance out there.

Dub

Dad is a fan of O-Lights.

He gave me a couple for Christmas...a few years back.
I have them on "nightstand" guns. They stay dry and aren't knocked around like carry guns.

I've run them on range sessions and they worked great.

They stay charged and ready.

IMG_7974.jpeg

He also gave me one of their light/laser carbine lights.
I need to get it mounted and range tested.